Check Your Flights, Check Your Flights, Check Your Flights

KevinS

Senior Insider
Over the last few weeks I've had a few queries from friends regarding flights. I've looked around, I've watched what the airlines are doing, and what I see is that service into SXM has been cut to the bone.

In my experience, airlines do a very poor job of notifying their passengers about changes. I cannot say this loudly enough. Check Your Flights.

Carriers have significantly reduced their lift into SXM. Things loosen up a bit in December for some airlines, not until Spring for others, but until then:

Do you think that you have a flight on AA from CLT, PHL, or JFK? No, you don't.

Do you think you have a flight on JetBlue from BOS? No, you don't.

Do you think that you have a flight on DL from JFK? No, you don't.

Do you think that you have a flight on Spirit into SXM? No, you don't.

Do you think that you have a flight on Sunwest into SXM? No, you don't.

Our friends in Europe also have reduced flight schedules, but few of them get their flight information from this forum, so I'll skip over those.

If you do have a flight, what is the arrival time, and how does it match with your flight to SBH?

You're on the 4:06 AA flight from MIA? What's your connecting flight?

You're on the 2:43 DL flight from ATL? What's your connecting flight?

You're on the 3:14 B6 (JetBlue) flight from JFK. What's your connecting flight?

More flights will be added in December, and even more in the Spring, but the same message applies. Check Your Flights.

thomasj has done an excellent job of collecting present and future flight information. Check the latest of his posts on the thread found at https://www.sbhonline.com/forums/showthread.php/91833 Make sure that you're checking the latest post.

for Jet Blue, for the flight that arrives at 3:11pm in SXM from JFK... I am on that flight on December 7 and my connecting flight is Winair at 4:45pm, so that should work for people on that flight on other days... as I mentioned the other day my original JB flight was on Dec 8 but they moved it back to the 7th which meant a change on winair with a 45e change fee, but at least there was a flight to connect to...

Delta changed my flight to Anguilla to an overnight in San Juan, it was just a couple of hours layover. Thankfully I was able to have it changed to SXM and I'll catch Winair from there.

My flight back on American changed but only by 7 minutes. I think I can accommodate that change.

As my upcoming trip is ever closer, I decided, just this morning, also to change my return flight on November 6th. Originally, I was going to retain SBC to SXM connecting A/A from SXM to Washington, but after reading about the sketchy changes the major airlines have been throwing everyone, I just purchased Tradewind to San Juan and Southwest Non-Stop from San Juan to Baltimore. A further consideration was to patronize Tradewind for their stand up efforts shortly after Irma.