Villa Owners and Renters Update

stbartshopper

Senior Insider
We see bits and pieces around the Forum about Villas. There are sites that give comprehensive hotel and restaurant updates. What overall is happening to repair/restore those Villas that are damaged? Our impression is that because of the lack of supplies such as lumber and transformers, the paucity of service people such as electricians, plumbers, carpenters etc. and the high demand for the utility to do work virtually everywhere that the privately owned Villas that are rented out as well as where the owners stay are not receiving much attention as yet?
Maybe Wimco or other real estate companies could share their observations from time to time on updating us overall on the progress of Villa restoration? What percent were 'undamaged' and so on.
We also hear/read about reports that many of the less 'sturdy' homes were heavily damaged or destroyed. What news do people have on helping those local people on the island in need? Maybe this thread could be a place where this news could appear in one place?

Actually some owners have their villas well underway. I get updated pictures of at least 3 they are moving along nicely and will be ready my season.

I went to SB Properties. You can get an idea about what villa need more repairs and which one's are small fixes by looking at the rental calendars. Looks like some are blocked off as unavailable for several months, some even a year and others are available in just a few months in time for the holidays. I am wondering if new photos will be posted to represent more closely what to expect on arrival?? Since things like privacy have changed for some.