Great flights today

stbartslover

Senior Insider
Our first villa Guests of the season: arriving November 5th, had their original United flights cancelled EWR/SXM, Winair.
They just told me.....EWR-Newark to SJU ($250 RT Jet Blue) and Tradewinds.

Hi Jeff-are you and Caroline on island now fixing up your rental? How long will you be there or when do you plan to be there?

Our first villa Guests of the season: arriving November 5th, had their original United flights cancelled EWR/SXM, Winair.
They just told me.....EWR-Newark to SJU ($250 RT Jet Blue) and Tradewinds.
Great price on JB flight. But looking at the tradewinds website it looks like the tradewinds flight from SJU to SBH is about $1,000 roundtrip per person on 11/5:sad1:. Probably an important thing for people to keep in mind if they are looking to go that route and are used to the much cheaper SBC flight from SXM.

Whether or not to fly Tradewind is a numbers question. I tell people to run the numbers - home to SXM to SBH vs. home to SJU to SBH on Tradewind. There will be a price difference, sometimes small, sometimes large. Factor in your love/hate for the SXM experience, and you'll have an answer. Tradewind won't be the choice for everyone. For some, the numbers will work. For others, SXM will be the way to go.

Kevin . . . I was just about to respond to the message of Jim A when I saw your post. I agree completely. I always "price shop" JAX-SXM-SBH and JAX-SJU-SBH (and reverse for each) and find that because there are so many opportunities for cheap flights to/from SJU (i.e., historically have been), there are many times when the Tradewind routing is a sensible economic choice. Looking to return to SBH very soon, I already see the number of flights to/from SJU increasing . . . not sure why, except that like with SBH, there must be some smoothly functioning tourist destinations.

That lightning strike on the tail must be taking one of the Tradewinds planes off.

Agree,
Flights to SJU from PHL cheaper and more availablilty...we like the night flight and overnight at lovely SJU airport hotel and we are on the island by 8:00am....and the extra cost of Tradewind is well worth it in our opinion.

We, like Kevin has said...We plan the overnight at the SJU Ritz as part of our trip to have a relaxing dinner at BLT steak, a little blackjack, and a night cap at the bar. Sleep in, breakfast in room and catch the 1:30 to SBH. Our Miami to San Juan is very cheap and cuts down the overall cost to where the enjoyment is well worth it....to us at least.