Winair Statement

KevinS

Senior Insider
From Winair’s web page:

0C1DFB32-240B-49A1-8B1E-ADA09DEBF65E.jpg

Congratulations to WinAir for its well-worded & forward looking statement . . . very happy to read it.

It is indeed a good statement. It helps everyone understand the logistical nightmare it must be for all companies to resume their normal business routines.

We continue to wish all a speedy recovery.

We are happy their aircraft were spared and are available. We assume limited flights may mean for supplies and for those needing help getting in or out with tourism a lower priority

Winair is right on the ball BUT I have yet to see a note from SBH Commuter regarding the status of their flights

many thanks, but what are they doing for existing reservations, for those of us that can't get to SXM
do they have a cancel policy?

WINAIR OPERATING SXM TO SBH this FRIDAY

I just got off the phone with Winair.

They are starting flights again from SXM to SBH this friday.

:muscle1:

New Winair statement:

2017-10-02
Minister of Tourism and Economic Affairs Mellissa Arrindell-Doncher has announced special commercial and repatriation flights by Winair. These flights are scheduled for Thursday October 5, Saturday October 7 and Tuesday October 10.

read full article here.

These special flights will depart Curacao at 10am arriving in St. Maarten at approximately 11.20am. From St. Maarten flights will depart at 1pm and arriving approximately 2.20pm in Curacao.

Also effective this Friday October 6 Winair will commence commercial service to the destinations Saba, St. Eustatius, St. Barth and St. Kitts. Possibly other destinations will be added as well.

For booking please go to our online booking pages or go to your favorite travel agency.
As soon as we have our phone lines and internet up and running, these contact options will be available as well.

Has anyone heard from WinAir re: possible credit or something similar to what SBC is doing with a 20% fee to cancel?

I've heard nothing. Being that it's WinAir, I have set my expectations accordingly and anticipate eventually having them tell me that it's not their problem that I cannot get to SXM, so they are going to cancel my reservation and keep my fare.