Delta

Aipotu

SBH Insider
Looks like Delta has cancelled all direct flights to SXM from NYC. No notice from them but I was checking their site and found no foreseeable direct flights in coming months.

Seem to have one flight daily from Atlanta.

I'm beginning to get concerned, that even if we can get to the island, that we would be "underfoot'
and the noise, the dust and the general experience will be "challenging"

You may want to consider an alternative route thru Puerto Rico.

Do we have any reason to believe commercial airlines are going to maintain robust schedules through San Juan this fall? People aren't going to be going there for vacations or casual visits for quite some time.

So this is disconcerting. While Delta lists no flights on their site from JFK to SXM for the foreseeable future, they say they have not cancelled our flight. Why do I suspect they are going to keep their customers strung along here and make it more difficult to get refunds or change flights?

I am new to the Forum. I have been following the threads for a while. Very informative and full of hope. I hope the Island recovers fast and things get back to as normal as possible. I have a trip planned for December 29 through January 05 from JFK via SXM on Delta. Same story here. Flights not cancelled but itinerary not protected either. I may double book on American as I love this Island and nothing will stop me from coming back. We are booked at Tom Beach, our favorite Hotel and I am told that it may be up and running by Christmas.

I would not believe Delta. Just for fun, I looked at booking a flight out of sxm for oct.3rd. they would allow me to book it, which I did not, as I know the airport will not be open then.

the latest news that I heard yesterday is from a person who worked at the former tower ( tower was blown away in the storm) at sxm, he is telling me mid october they should begin slowly with a few commercial flights in and out of sxm. hopefully this will be true. would love some r&r in the states for a couple of weeks but don't wish to go thru guadeloupe.

Well the good news is Delta is being very fair with cancellations....I got a full credit with a waived change fee, good for a year, and by the terms of my ticket I wasn't entitled to that at all

Well the good news is Delta is being very fair with cancellations....I got a full credit with a waived change fee, good for a year, and by the terms of my ticket I wasn't entitled to that at all

Yes, we also got a full refund on our Delta flights from NY

It's interesting. In my interactions with Delta yesterday, they were most definitely playing a cat and mouse game. My last message to them was: "I don't believe you. I will check all my social media contacts and on-line travel forums to see what the real deal with your SXM flights might be." Literally three minutes later they offered us a full refund and admitted that SXM is not operational. Glad they responded the way they did, but sad it took the social media card to get them to step up.

Glad you got your refund. Well played, but it should not have taken that long to make things right. Good for you, shame on airlines for playing games during these trying times dealing with natural disasters.

It's interesting. In my interactions with Delta yesterday, they were most definitely playing a cat and mouse game. My last message to them was: "I don't believe you. I will check all my social media contacts and on-line travel forums to see what the real deal with your SXM flights might be." Literally three minutes later they offered us a full refund and admitted that SXM is not operational. Glad they responded the way they did, but sad it took the social media card to get them to step up.

This (nearly) unbelievable, bizarre and outrageous.

I can't believe how shortsighted they are being. It's as if their strategy is, "what could we do to piss off and alienate our current customers and drive them to other airlines?"

can't believe it BUT had a very pleasant call to Delta.
was switched to the "refund center" and they did point out that I had a non- refundable ticket BUT since THEY
had cancelled the flight I was getting a FULL refund, no penalties.

Maybe the cat and mouse is over with. At least Delta is doing right with it's customers vis a vis the refunds they are giving. Our guess is Delta just does not know the answers like everybody else. If they tell everybody everything is cancelled when it is not yet and then it all opens up that is a problem for them. They are in 'limbo' land as even the airports may not know their timetables for sure.

So an update on my flights. Delta cancelled my flight and issued a full refund without me being aware of it. To be honest I was not happy because as a Delta Platinum Medallion, my flights should have been protected via Atlanta. In any case, Delta problem is solved.
I booked with AA JFK-SXM on Dec 29 , SXM-JFK on January 05 all for $ 388.00 round trip per person !! All set now. I am hoping that SXM will have service by December. And if Tom Beach is open ( Like the Tourist Board touts ) we are in Business !!