SXM reopening

DaddyLeCool

SBH Insider
Dear all, first of all i will mention this is probably my last post on Sbh online. My home, as most of the villas around me in Petit Cul de Sac, was totally destroyed by IRMA, and We had to leave saint Barth forever with my family of young daughters terrified by the expérience, but all alive, one week ago, after so many years there.

About SXM, Air France just announced SXM will reopen on Oct 28. You can check on their web site.

DLC,

Such horrible news. I will miss your honest and well informed restaurant reviews. Best wishes for a new start for you and your family.

DLC-you will be missed. Wishing you happiness in all of your new beginnings. Family is everything and you are doing your very best. Bon Chance.

So sorry to learn of your loss. You will be missed on the forum. Much happiness to you and your daughters as you embark on a new chapter!

I will add my sense of loss to your departure, DLC! Your voice has been straightforward, informed, & at times alternatively light & serious -- always good reading! As I read your post, however, I have been thinking for days about the impact of Irma on island children. The experience for children, especially, must have been unsettling-to-terrifying. You are fortunate in being able to relocate to another venue of choice . . . I hope, nonetheless, that you'll return with your family before too long -- if only to visit -- so that they'll come to know the island's resilience, repair, & regrowth.

Thks cec1

I will add my sense of loss to your departure, DLC! Your voice has been straightforward, informed, & at times alternatively light & serious -- always good reading! As I read your post, however, I have been thinking for days about the impact of Irma on island children. The experience for children, especially, must have been unsettling-to-terrifying. You are fortunate in being able to relocate to another venue of choice . . . I hope, nonetheless, that you'll return with your family before too long -- if only to visit -- so that they'll come to know the island's resilience, repair, & regrowth.

I had dinner at a friends house the other night, a very nice evening, a little pasta, a little humor to get through all this.

my friends had invited a young couple, she is pregnant and it was so uplifting to speak with her. she showed me pics of her house that is a total loss. she lived in st. jean. she lost everything, her clothes, shoes and home, everything. she was so positive.

she said to me, its just possessions, we are alive and we will rebuild. we are staying at different friends houses and a friend who had just had a child gave her maternity clothes to wear. she said the important thing is that she and her husband did not lose their jobs and can work to rebuild.

I wish you well in your venture in singapore, a very nice place, I used to work in hong kong and china, and had a brief stop in singapore only once, but I loved the people there, so kind and friendly. You will do well and the children will love it there. come back for a visit sometime.

Thank you Didier, we had already this project to come and live here in Singapore, but in two years when our elder daughter will enter college.
But the fact is that finding in september a new home in Saint Barth, with 4 bedrooms is totally impossible. I am thinking about friends, also parents of 3, who left Saint Barth in July, because they could not find a new house after their landlord stopped the lease. They left with regret, but looking at what kind of experiencxe IRMA was, today surely they are considering that as a sign of god !

If you wander in the top of Domaine du Levant at Petiot Cul de Sac you will undoubtedly see the lineup of villas destroyed, like the photos you posted. IMG_2590.jpgIMG_2590.jpg

I had dinner at a friends house the other night, a very nice evening, a little pasta, a little humor to get through all this.

my friends had invited a young couple, she is pregnant and it was so uplifting to speak with her. she showed me pics of her house that is a total loss. she lived in st. jean. she lost everything, her clothes, shoes and home, everything. she was so positive.

she said to me, its just possessions, we are alive and we will rebuild. we are staying at different friends houses and a friend who had just had a child gave her maternity clothes to wear. she said the important thing is that she and her husband did not lose their jobs and can work to rebuild.

I wish you well in your venture in singapore, a very nice place, I used to work in hong kong and china, and had a brief stop in singapore only once, but I loved the people there, so kind and friendly. You will do well and the children will love it there. come back for a visit sometime.

We are so sorry for your situation, DLC. All the very best to you and your family for a happy, healthy and prosperous future in Singapore. It's a nice, clean, and most importantly, safe place to rebuild your lives.

Gayle & Gary