I LOVE JetBlue!

Août

SBH Member
Whenever we travel to SXM and/or SBH, we always travel JetBlue, from Boston...non-stop, Saturday to Saturday.
Currently, we had standing reservations on Orient Beach for the first two weeks of November...obviously that was cancelled. When we contacted JetBlue to see what our options were, considering we had already paid in full, one option they offered was that we put the paid-for flight amount into their Travel Bank, which would remain there for up to a year...we did.
The other aspect of that reservation was the prepaid "extra room" fee, which they promptly credited to our Amex card. Easy as 123.
I then scoured the internet and found a lovely island of our interest for that same time frame. I was able to secure a reservation (also nonstop). We then went back to JetBlue and they promptly transferred flight monies from the Travel Bank to our new flight and we only had to add the "extra room" fee which had already been credited to our card...unbelievably quick, easy and absolutely hassle free.
Considering the frantic upheaval of travel plans for so many people we were immensely pleased with JetBlue in assisting us during this difficult time.
(And we definitely, without a doubt, will return to SBH in March...we cannot wait!)

I love Jet Blue too. We fly them out of JFK. If they fly to the destination we are going to, I don't even bother looking at other airline prices. I am a loyal customer for life. We are flying through SXM in early February with points as well. We are doing a Friday - Saturday (8 nights). They offered to credit our travel bank but I am going to give it to November to see how things pan out. I am really hoping we can go. Where did you end of switching to (sounds like you may have had 2 trips to SBH planned?). I have been looking into their other destinations for plan B but nothing is grabbing me (this is our first vacation to SBH. It's my 50th bday trip so I wanted something new and exciting).

I share your feelings about Jet Blue and book with them whenever possible We are scheduled BOS-SXM in February. Last week we had to cancel a visit to my daughter in Houston because of her house being hurricane damaged and she being tied up with recovery issues. Jet Blue responded with a very personal response (no form letter) and credited the entire fare to our travel bank account the same day. What a difference between JB and UAL who wanted change and cancelation fees on another trip.

If your not going till February I say stay with St Barts.. Even if you've never been before you will love it. If your fights are good and your villa hasn't been damaged the island needs you. The restaurants and shops need support and by February I would imagine this beautiful island will be shinning again. Honestly you will be hooked and understand why so many of us go back time and time again.

If your not going till February I say stay with St Barts.. Even if you've never been before you will love it. If your fights are good and your villa hasn't been damaged the island needs you. The restaurants and shops need support and by February I would imagine this beautiful island will be shinning again. Honestly you will be hooked and understand why so many of us go back time and time again.
Very nice Belinda and I agree that the island’s charm is what brings many back.

Divabella...don't give up on St Barths! By February all should be good and you will absolutely LOVE it there! What a fabulous place to celebrate your 50th!
And no, we had our November reservations for two weeks on Orient Beach, which we have since changed to Barbados, same time frame. Our yearly visit to St Barths is in March and we definitely will be there then!

We fully intend on going. I already received word that our rental just had minimal exterior damage that will be fixed by November 1. Just need the flights to cooperate. We flew into SBH last year from Grand Case for the day and as were landing we both were immediatley hooked. We felt even the airport was special! We are blessed to travel a few times a year. 2018 will prove to be a challenging one for us. We are also booked in May to St John (we go every year). Our rental also survived Irma but is currently being used as housing for relief workers. Obviously housing them is more important that us being able to go. Time will tell. Luckily we don't have our air for that one booked yet and we can't fly Jet Blue there. For some crazy reason they don't fly direct from JFK to STT. It's really the only time we don't fly JB.

SXM airport is reopening tomorrow.
Worth mentioning.
Bravo to Jet blue...wow...How to gain customer loyalty for years ? lose 100 dollars today..make thousands in years to come,just by being polite and friendly and clever...BRAVO
Air antilles charged me 50 euros to rebook my flight from Pointe a Pitre (the day Maria was hitting Guadeloupe...airport closed)

We have kept our travel plans for February. We know it won't be as green and lush but the beaches are there, the ocean and the wonderful people of the island. Ouanalao.

I love JetBlue too. Everyone there is so easy to deal with and nice. I just called an cancelled my flights that they moved by a day. They are going to refund my CC.

Now the only questions is does anyone know how to contact WinAir (I tried calling their numbers but either got no answer or number is not in service)? I'm guessing that I will need to cancel/move those flight too. I have been in contact with my rental agency who has recommended SJU and Tradewinds but that $2k is just not in the cards.

I don't know anyone who has successfully contacted Winair. Their fleet is intact, but their offices were wiped out.

I was waiting a little longer to reach out to Winair. Didn't plan to use them to get to St Barts but I do have a flight booked with them to get to Saba and I think they are the only ones that go there. Trip isn't until mid-December so I have time to wait for some news on where they are with recovery. If I hear anything then I will post something.