Flights Into SXM Post Irma

certainly an option Andy, but the double connection (plus possible connection to SJU) would make this combination a potential 4 connection trip... ;)

****UPDATED NOVEMBER 10****

It appears now that for peak winter 17/18 there will be zero flights from Canada to SXM and the NYC market has only 2 weekly flights remaining (Jetblue) this is a major decrease in capacity from last winter. Major news is that United has cancelled all their flights (EWR, IAD and ORD) until April. Combined with the fact that American Airlines is now operating into SXM later in the day, it seems that SJU will be the preferred gateway to SBH this winter (for those folks still going to SBH this winter).

****LATEST UPDATE IN ACCOUNT OF SXM TEMPORARY TERMINAL IS OPEN, SCHEDULES STILL SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT THIS POINT TO BE SURE DUE TO TERMINAL CAPACITY****

hey all,

- All this was sourced from each respective airline direct as well as cross referenced with Google Flights. Let me know if I missed any, but from what I can see as of today (obviously subject to lots of change as the situation on SXM updates):

(non-stop flights only) I will update frequently as the changes come in.

Air Canada
YYZ - SXM: is now cancelled - no flights scheduled for winter 2017/18 ;(

Air Caraibes
ORY - SXM: flights in Thurs and Saturdays

Air France
CDG - SXM: Daily flights resume 25 March however they are operating 2 "Holiday Flights" on: Dec 23 and Jan 6.

Air Transat
YYZ - SXM: appears to now be cancelled for winter 17/18
YUL - SXM: appears to now be cancelled for winter 17/18

American Airlines
MIA - SXM: operating daily - arrives SXM one hour later at 4:06pm and is now showing a 4:45pm arrival on some dates in December and January).
JFK - SXM: suspended for winter season, resumes April 7 (weekends only)
PHL - SXM: suspended for winter season, resumes April 4 (5 times per week)
CLT - SXM: suspended for winter season, resumes April 3 (daily)

Delta Airlines
ATL - SXM: currently daily until Jan 10. LATEST CHANGE! Delta reloaded flights from Jan 10 to March 30, however its only 5 times per week (no Monday or Thursday).
JFK - SXM: suspended for winter season, resumes April 3 (daily)

JetBlue
BOS - SXM: suspended
JFK - SXM: operating Monday and Thursdays until Jan 4 when daily resumes

KLM
AMS - SXM: resumes Nov 12 (2 weekly flight is now re-routed via Curacao instead of non-stop on return to AMS)

Spirit Airlines
FLL - SXM: resumes Feb 17 (1 weekly)

Sunwing (Would not be caught dead on this airline FYI)
YYZ - SXM: suspended for the season until further notice

United Airlines
EWR - SXM: resumes April 9 (daily)
IAD - SXM: resumes April 14 (1 weekly - Saturdays )
ORD - SXM: resumes Apr 14 (1 weekly - Saturdays)

Westjet
YYZ - SXM: resumes Apr 29, Sunday flights only.

Thank you Thomas for your constant updates.
Certainly not not an economical route to connect through San Juan on Tradewind or SBC. Just spent $11k getting my family of 9+Infant on Tradewind round trip San Juan to St. Barts in January, not even Christmas/New Year Holiday time.

of course!

11k? WOW. Crazy. I guess St Barts is worth it eh? ;)
Thank you Thomas for your constant updates.
Certainly not not an economical route to connect through San Juan on Tradewind or SBC. Just spent $11k getting my family of 9+Infant on Tradewind round trip San Juan to St. Barts in January, not even Christmas/New Year Holiday time.

****UPDATED NOVEMBER 19****

***Some changes - American Airlines has cancelled all further flights from JFK, Air France resumes weekly schedule (Saturdays) in January, Delta Air reduces JFK to 1 weekly only, overall major seat loss ex New York City***

It appears now that for peak winter 17/18 there will be zero flights from Canada to SXM and the NYC market has only 2 weekly flights remaining (Jetblue) this is a major decrease in capacity from last winter. Major news is that United has cancelled all their flights (EWR, IAD and ORD) until April. Combined with the fact that American Airlines is now operating into SXM later in the day, it seems that SJU will be the preferred gateway to SBH this winter (for those folks still going to SBH this winter).

hey all,

- All this was sourced from each respective airline direct as well as cross referenced with Google Flights. Let me know if I missed any, but from what I can see as of today (obviously subject to lots of change as the situation on SXM updates):

Air Canada
YYZ - SXM: has officially cancelled - no flights scheduled for winter 2017/18 ;(

Air Caraibes
ORY - SXM: 2 weekly flights on Thurs and Saturdays

Air France
CDG - SXM: 2 "Holiday Flights" on: Dec 23 and Jan 6. Resuming regular flights on Jan 13 - Saturdays only.

American Airlines
MIA - SXM: operating daily - arrives SXM one hour later at 4:06pm and is now showing a 4:45pm arrival on some dates in December and January).
JFK - SXM: appear to be cancelled until further notice, no flights scheduled for rest of 2017 and 2018.
PHL - SXM: suspended for winter season, resumes May 4 (4 times per week)
CLT - SXM: suspended for winter season, resumes May 4 (daily)

Delta Airlines
ATL - SXM: currently daily until Jan 10. LATEST CHANGE! Delta reloaded flights from Jan 10 to March 30, however its only 5 times per week (no Monday or Thursday) Daily flights resume April 1.
JFK - SXM: suspended for winter season, resumes April 7 (1 weekly)

JetBlue

KLM
AMS - SXM: resumes Nov 12 (2 weekly flight is now re-routed via Curacao instead of non-stop on return to AMS)

Spirit Airlines

United Airlines

Westjet

Those in Canada looking for connecting flight options should look at WestJet to Antigua, with a connection to SBH on Tradewind. An overnight in Antigua will be required on the return.

Those in Canada looking for connecting flight options should look at WestJet to Antigua, with a connection to SBH on Tradewind. An overnight in Antigua will be required on the return.

indeed! Westjet also (for now anyways) is resuming Saturday flights from Toronto to San Juan in January so at least on weekends same day connections are possible, at the resultant Tradewind premium cost of course...

So to summarize the above: To SXM this winter (and associated cheapest connection to SBH, therefore avoiding the premium Tradewind via San Juan or Antigua):

JetBlue is your best bet from/via JFK (after the New Year)
Delta is your best bet from/via ATL
American is your best bet from/via MIA (beware though, 4:45 pm arrival is tight for a same-day connection to SBH).

Thanks for this info Thomas J...a 2nd time victim with AA changes of 11/19/17 for April with flts via MIA but NO protection for our SAV to CLT round trip...therefore leaving us without & also round trip forcing overnites at our expense so yet more changes for villa, Winair & car rental. I hate having to check daily, but think has come to that ! So our April became May well after the 4th.

****UPDATED DECEMBER 5****

***NO CHANGES TO REPORT, previous changes include - American Airlines has cancelled all further flights from JFK, Air France resumes weekly schedule (Saturdays) in January, Delta Air reduces JFK to 1 weekly only, overall major seat loss ex New York City***

hey all,

Air Canada
YYZ - SXM: has officially cancelled - no flights scheduled for winter 2017/18 ;(

Air Caraibes
ORY - SXM: 2 weekly flights on Thurs and Saturdays

Air France
CDG - SXM: 2 "Holiday Flights" on: Dec 23 and Jan 6. Resuming regular flights on Jan 13 - Saturdays only.

American Airlines
JFK - SXM: appear to be cancelled until further notice, no flights scheduled for rest of 2017 and 2018.
PHL - SXM: suspended for winter season, resumes May 4 (4 times per week)
CLT - SXM: suspended for winter season, resumes May 4 (daily)

Delta Airlines
ATL - SXM: currently daily until Jan 10. LATEST CHANGE! Delta reloaded flights from Jan 10 to March 30, however its only 5 times per week (no Monday or Thursday) Daily flights resume April 1.
JFK - SXM: suspended for winter season, resumes April 7 (1 weekly)

JetBlue

KLM

Spirit Airlines

United Airlines

Westjet

It appears Delta is cutting flights again on the ATL-SXM route this spring. We were booked on a Thursday and now that flight no longer exists. Appears to only be flying on Sa,Su, and Tu. We are changing to overnight in SJU and take Tradewind the next morning thanks to their lower cost flights in the am.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the daily flights from CLT to SXM will resume on May 4th. Members of our party are flying down on May 31st and on June 2nd and we have all had our Charlotte flights changed to Miami. The scheduled arrival time in SXM is 3:13pm so we're rescheduling SBC for the 4:15 flight and crossing our fingers!

Hi Tim,

Right now the 4:15 flight is the last one of the day... I'll keep watching and see if that changes...

It isn’t easy to get here, but it is still worth the effort. We are enjoying all the Island has to offer and its
changes day by day.