Flights Into SXM Post Irma

I checked my flights on United for January 6th and all seems in order, no cancellation note as Mike received, for the moment.....

****UPDATED SEPTEMBER 26****

hey all,

I was just looking over the current situation of when airlines are planning to re-start flights into SXM and there have been a lot of changes that will impact those looking to book over the winter with a massive decrease in capacity that will effect a lot of people already booked. Oh Boy.

***All this was sourced from each respective airline direct as well as cross referenced with Google Flights. Let me know if I missed any, but from what I can see as of today (obviously subject to lots of change as the situation on SXM updates):

(non-stop flights only) I will update frequently as the changes come in!

Air Canada
YYZ - SXM: resumes Dec 16 (1 weekly)

Air Caraibes
ORY - SXM: resumes Oct 7 (2 weekly)
PTP - SXM: resumes Oct 13 (3 weekly)

Air France
CDG - SXM: resumes Oct 29 (6 times per week, Tuesday service axed - was daily last winter)

Air Transat
YYZ - SXM: resumes Dec 23 (1 weekly)
YUL - SXM: resumes Dec 23 (1 weekly)

American Airlines
MIA - SXM: resumes Oct 1 (1 daily until Dec 15 when 2 daily resumes, note: Nov 6 flight arrives SXM one hour later)
JFK - SXM: resumes Dec 15 (1 daily)
PHL - SXM: resumes Dec 15 (1 daily)
CLT - SXM: resumes Dec 15 (2 flights daily, 3rd flight on Saturdays)

Delta Airlines
ATL - SXM: resumes Sep 28 (5 times per week until Nov 1 when resumes 1 daily, Nov 11 - 2nd Saturday flight resumes)
JFK - SXM: does not seem to be back for 2017/18

Insel Air
CUR - SXM: resumes Sep 28 (1 daily)

JetBlue
BOS - SXM: resumes Nov 4 (1 weekly until Dec 21 when resumes 1 daily)
JFK - SXM: resumes Sep 28 (1 daily, Nov 11th 2nd Saturday flight resumes)
SJU - SXM: seems to be cancelled for Winter 2017-18

KLM
AMS - SXM: resumes Oct 29 (2 weekly, down from 3-4 weekly from last winter)

Spirit Airlines
FLL - SXM: resumes Feb 17 (1 weekly)

United Airlines
EWR - SXM: resumes Oct 21 (1 weekly until Dec 20 when resumes 1 daily, Dec 23 - 2 flights Saturday and Sundays resume)
IAD - SXM: resumes Dec 23 (1 weekly)
ORD - SXM: resumes Dec 23 (1 weekly)

Westjet
YYZ - SXM: looks to be suspended indefinetly, zero flights loaded all winter. Normally in winter this operates 3-4 times per week, so this one is really bad for all us Canadian travellers. :sad1:
YYZ - SXM: NEW! SEEMS THAT FLIGHTS ARE NOW LOADED TO START ON APRIL 29 (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)

I believe this issue has been pointed out in another thread: when I asked AA (last pm) why my Nov CLT-SXM flight is no longer showing up on booking, the response was, "It is full." Frustrating game of chicken: I am waiting to hear it has been cancelled, so I can get refunded, and they are holding out, hoping I will change/cancel before they officially cancel.

spoke to Delta yesterday, and the agent told me they can keep the booking open for 24 hours before cancelling
makes it difficult to plan

I believe this issue has been pointed out in another thread: when I asked AA (last pm) why my Nov CLT-SXM flight is no longer showing up on booking, the response was, "It is full." Frustrating game of chicken: I am waiting to hear it has been cancelled, so I can get refunded, and they are holding out, hoping I will change/cancel before they officially cancel.
The Dec 2 and 9 ones from and to CLT are "full" too. Aggravating.

Delta appears to be playing the same games. There are no JFK to SXM flights available for purchase anywhere on their web site, but they are telling me my flight on October 27 is still scheduled. They also -- ha -- changed the departure times on both legs by two minutes each. All coach seats are marked unavailable (there were plenty of seats a few weeks ago), yet business class is empty save for my wife and me. They clearly are planning to make this tortuous.

Delta appears to be playing the same games. There are no JFK to SXM flights available for purchase anywhere on their web site, but they are telling me my flight on October 27 is still scheduled. They also -- ha -- changed the departure times on both legs by two minutes each. All coach seats are marked unavailable (there were plenty of seats a few weeks ago), yet business class is empty save for my wife and me. They clearly are planning to make this tortuous.

I think that all of us, Delta and AA included, are in the same position - information starved, and unsure WTF to do. I sure am, and I'm as tapped into as many information sources as anyone. I'm hoping that next week, once we're past October 1, may bring more information.

I think that all of us, Delta and AA included, are in the same position - information starved, and unsure WTF to do. I sure am, and I'm as tapped into as many information sources as anyone. I'm hoping that next week, once we're past October 1, may bring more information.

Not sure I have sympathy for Delta or AA. Many of the European airlines have clearly posted their plans. These guys are obfuscating purposely. And they know that literally there is no place for their customers to stay on Saint Martin. At the very least, they will not be making weekday flights seven days a week any time soon.

Delta update: In my interactions yesterday, they were most definitely playing a cat and mouse game. My last message to them was: "I don't believe you. I will check all my social media contacts and on-line travel forums to see what the real deal with your SXM flights might be." Three minutes later they offered a full refund and admitted that SXM is not operational. Glad they responded the way they did, but sad it took the social media card to get them to step up.

as inconvenient and sad as it is, at least Westjet stopped all their ticket sales into SXM as to not confuse and upset their customers. Hoping, fingers crossed that once SXM starts getting some normality they start scheduling some flights in when safe to do so.

This was the lead story in The Daily Herald today: No Date Set for Restarting Commercial Flights

https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islands/69717-no-date-set-for-restarting-of-commercial-flights

Key quote:
The Minister stressed that travelers need to be careful with any information unless it comes from the official source, in other words, the Government of St. Maarten. She said there is some confusion being created by, among other things, airlines announcing dates that they hope to resume service to the island.
In some cases, airlines are allowing people to book tickets although the green light has not been given by Government to execute commercial flights.

****UPDATED OCTOBER 2****

****IN LIGHT OF THE LATEST NEWS DATED SEP 28 FROM SXM OFFICIALS OF THE EXTENSIVE DAMAGE ON THE SITE, TAKE ALL THE INFORMATION BELOW WITH A GRAIN OF SALT, THE US CARRIERS ARE SELLING FLIGHTS THAT MAY VERY WELL BE CANCELLED - I WOULD NOT BOOK A FLIGHT INTO SXM FOR THE NEXT MONTH AT LEAST****

hey all,

I was just looking over the current situation of when airlines are planning to re-start flights into SXM and there have been a lot of changes that will impact those looking to book over the winter with a massive decrease in capacity that will effect a lot of people already booked. Oh Boy.

***All this was sourced from each respective airline direct as well as cross referenced with Google Flights. Let me know if I missed any, but from what I can see as of today (obviously subject to lots of change as the situation on SXM updates):

(non-stop flights only) I will update frequently as the changes come in!

Air Canada

Air Caraibes
ORY - SXM: resumes Oct 7 (2 weekly)
PTP - SXM: resumes Oct 13 (3 weekly)

Air France
CDG - SXM: resumes Oct 29 (6 times per week, Tuesday service axed - was daily last winter)

Air Transat

American Airlines
MIA - SXM: resumes Oct 4 (1 daily until Dec 15 when 2 daily resumes, note: Nov 6 flight arrives SXM one hour later)
JFK - SXM: resumes Dec 15 (1 daily)
PHL - SXM: resumes Dec 15 (1 daily)
CLT - SXM: resumes Dec 15 (2 flights daily, 3rd flight on Saturdays)

Delta Airlines
ATL - SXM: resumes Oct 6 (5 times per week until Nov 1 when resumes 1 daily, Nov 11 - 2nd Saturday flight resumes)

Insel Air
CUR - SXM: resumes Oct 1 (1 daily)

JetBlue
BOS - SXM: has been removed from sale
JFK - SXM: resumes Nov 2 (2 weekly until Dec 14 when daily resumes)

KLM
AMS - SXM: resumes Oct 29 (2 weekly, down from 3-4 weekly from last winter, flight is now re-routed via Curacao instead of non-stop)

Spirit Airlines

Sunwing (Would not be caught dead on this airline FYI)
YYZ - SXM: suspended for the season until further notice

United Airlines
EWR - SXM: resumes Dec 20 (resumes 1 daily, Dec 23 - 2 flights Saturday and Sundays resume)

Westjet
YYZ - SXM: looks to be suspended indefinetly, zero flights loaded all winter. Normally in winter this operates 3-4 times per week, so this one is really bad for all us Canadian travellers. :sad1:
YYZ - SXM: NEW! SEEMS THAT FLIGHTS ARE NOW LOADED TO START ON APRIL 29 (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)

****UPDATED OCTOBER 5**** LOTS OF CHANGES!

****DESPITE THE LATEST NEWS DATED OCTOBER 4 FROM SXM OFFICIALS OF RE-OPENING OF SXM TO FLIGHTS, TAKE ALL THE INFORMATION BELOW WITH A GRAIN OF SALT, THE US CARRIERS ARE SELLING FLIGHTS THAT MAY VERY WELL BE CANCELLED - BUYER BEWARE****

hey all,

- All this was sourced from each respective airline direct as well as cross referenced with Google Flights. Let me know if I missed any, but from what I can see as of today (obviously subject to lots of change as the situation on SXM updates):

(non-stop flights only) I will update frequently as the changes come in.

Air Canada

Air Caraibes
ORY - SXM: resumes Oct 14 (2 weekly)
PTP - SXM: resumes Nov 8 (3 weekly)

Air France
CDG - SXM: seems that service has been suspended from sale until March 25 (daily service) this is sure to change!

Air Transat

American Airlines
MIA - SXM: resumes Oct 11 (1 daily until Dec 15 when 2 daily resumes, note: Nov 6 flight arrives SXM one hour later at 4:06pm!)
JFK - SXM: resumes Dec 15 (1 daily from Dec 15 to Jan 7, then reduces to 2 weekly - weekends only)
PHL - SXM: resumes Dec 15 (1 daily until Jan 8 then reduces to 5 weekly)
CLT - SXM: resumes Dec 15 (2 flights daily, 3rd flight on Saturdays only, from Jan 8 reduces to 1 daily on weekdays!)

Delta Airlines
ATL - SXM: resumes Oct 12 (5 times per week until Nov 1 when resumes 1 daily, 2nd Saturday flight has been AXED!)

Insel Air
CUR - SXM: resumes Oct 11 (1 daily)

JetBlue

KLM
AMS - SXM: resumes Oct 29 (2 weekly, down from 3-4 weekly from last winter, flight is now re-routed via Curacao instead of non-stop)

Spirit Airlines

United Airlines
EWR - SXM: resumes Dec 20 (resumes 1 daily, Dec 23 - 2 flights Saturday and Sundays resume)

Westjet

****UPDATED OCTOBER 10**** LOTS OF CHANGES!

****LATEST UPDATE IN ACCOUNT OF SXM TEMPORARY TERMINAL IS OPEN, SCHEDULES STILL SUBJECT TO LOTS OF CHANGE AT THIS POINT TO BE SURE****

hey all,

- All this was sourced from each respective airline direct as well as cross referenced with Google Flights. Let me know if I missed any, but from what I can see as of today (obviously subject to lots of change as the situation on SXM updates):

Air Canada

Air Caraibes
ORY - SXM: resumes Oct 21 (reduced to 1 weekly only)

Air France
CDG - SXM: Daily flights resume 25 March however there are scattered flights on the following days: Dec 23, Jan 6.
PTP - SXM: Nov 4 (1 weekly)

Air Transat

American Airlines
MIA - SXM: resumes Oct 11 (1 daily until Dec 15 when 2 daily resumes, note: Nov 6 flight arrives SXM one hour later at 4:06pm!)
JFK - SXM: resumes Dec 15 (1 daily from Dec 15 to Jan 7, then reduces to 2 weekly - weekends only)
PHL - SXM: resumes Dec 15 (1 daily until Jan 8 then reduces to 5 weekly)
CLT - SXM: resumes Dec 15 (2 flights daily, 3rd flight on Saturdays only, from Jan 8 reduces to 1 daily on weekdays!)

Delta Airlines
ATL - SXM: resumes Oct 12 (5 times per week until Nov 1 when resumes 1 daily, 2nd Saturday flight has been AXED!)

Insel Air
CUR - SXM: resumes Oct 16 (1 daily)

JetBlue

KLM
AMS - SXM: resumes Oct 29 (2 weekly flight is now re-routed via Curacao instead of non-stop)

Spirit Airlines

United Airlines

Westjet
YYZ - SXM: resumes Apr 29, Sunday flights only.

****UPDATED OCTOBER 15**** LOTS OF CHANGES THIS WEEK PLUS I WOULD EXPECT MORE TO COME

****LATEST UPDATE IN ACCOUNT OF SXM TEMPORARY TERMINAL IS OPEN, SCHEDULES STILL SUBJECT TO LOTS OF CHANGE AT THIS POINT TO BE SURE DUE TO TERMINAL CAPACITY****

hey all,

Air Canada

Air Caraibes

Air France
CDG - SXM: Daily flights resume 25 March however they are operating 2 "Holiday Flights" on: Dec 23 and Jan 6.
PTP - SXM: starting Dec 2 (1 weekly on Saturdays)

Air Transat

American Airlines
MIA - SXM: resumes Oct 11 (1 daily, note: from Nov 6 flight arrives SXM one hour later at 4:06pm! 2nd daily flight from last winter is axed)
JFK - SXM: suspended for winter season
PHL - SXM: suspended for winter season
CLT - SXM: suspended for winter season

Delta Airlines
JFK - SXM: suspended

Insel Air

JetBlue
BOS - SXM: suspended
JFK - SXM: resumes Nov 2 (2 weekly until Jan 4 when daily resumes)

KLM
AMS - SXM: resumes Nov 3 (2 weekly flight is now re-routed via Curacao instead of non-stop)

Spirit Airlines

United Airlines

Westjet

FYI, I just happened to check my United reservation today for March and all United flights through April 2nd into SXM have been cancelled. Their fix is to overnight in SJU then onto SXM the next day on Seabourn Airlines. I am in the process of rebooking through SJU and use Tradewinds to SBH, but I have to wait until Monday to get the current tickets refunded since they involve WinAir connections.

FYI, I just happened to check my United reservation today for March and all United flights through April 2nd into SXM have been cancelled. Their fix is to overnight in SJU then onto SXM the next day on Seabourn Airlines. I am in the process of rebooking through SJU and use Tradewinds to SBH, but I have to wait until Monday to get the current tickets refunded since they involve WinAir connections.
I have a feeling Tradewind is going to have a VERY good season.....

****UPDATED OCTOBER 21**** MAJOR CHANGES THIS TIME.

It appears now that for peak winter 17/18 there will be zero flights from Canada to SXM and the NYC market has only 2 weekly flights remaining (Jetblue) this is a major decrease in capacity from last winter. Major news is that United has cancelled all their flights (EWR, IAD and ORD) until April. Combined with the fact that American Airlines is now operating into SXM later in the day, it seems that SJU will be the preferred gateway to SBH this winter (for those folks still going to SBH this winter).

****LATEST UPDATE IN ACCOUNT OF SXM TEMPORARY TERMINAL IS OPEN, SCHEDULES STILL SUBJECT TO LOTS OF CHANGE AT THIS POINT TO BE SURE DUE TO TERMINAL CAPACITY****

hey all,

Air Canada
YYZ - SXM: is now cancelled - no flights scheduled for winter 2017/18 ;(

Air Caraibes

Air France
CDG - SXM: Daily flights resume 25 March however they are operating 2 "Holiday Flights" on: Dec 23 and Jan 6.
PTP - SXM: starting Dec 2 (1 weekly on Saturdays)

Air Transat
YYZ - SXM: appears to now be cancelled for winter 17/18
YUL - SXM: appears to now be cancelled for winter 17/18

American Airlines
MIA - SXM: resumes Oct 11 (1 daily, note: from Nov 6 flight arrives SXM one hour later at 4:06pm! 2nd daily flight from last winter is axed)
JFK - SXM: suspended for winter season
PHL - SXM: suspended for winter season
CLT - SXM: suspended for winter season

Delta Airlines
JFK - SXM: suspended

Insel Air

JetBlue
BOS - SXM: suspended
JFK - SXM: resumes Nov 2 (2 weekly until Jan 4 when daily resumes)

KLM
AMS - SXM: resumes Nov 12 (2 weekly flight is now re-routed via Curacao instead of non-stop)

Spirit Airlines

United Airlines
EWR - SXM: resumes April 9 (daily)
IAD - SXM: resumes April 14 (1 weekly - Saturdays )
ORD - SXM: resumes Apr 14 (1 weekly - Saturdays)

Westjet

not sure about that - with all the major hotels closed and villas at what (50% rentable?), I am sure there will be a huge decrease in people going to SBH this season.
I have a feeling Tradewind is going to have a VERY good season.....

My flights on A/A have been changed to the Miami connection which arrives in SXM around 4:00 PM. St. Barth Commuter is scheduled to depart SXM 4:15, an almost impossible connection. If I miss Commuter, it appears I'll have to either stay over night in SXM or take the 6:45 Voyageur over to St. Barth, neither one of which appeals to me.

Thanks again to thomas for keeping us up to date on the flight schedules!