New Flamands Beach Pictures

Attachments

• rayon.jpg
    rayon.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 1,625
IMG_1095.jpg

Photo is not that good,sorry..early cloudy morning..But beach is intact and lovely...A few meters lower..(5-6 meters probably)
So is Saline,by the way.
There's now a huge incredible sandy beach in Grand fond.

IMG_1113.jpg

This is Saline beach....Please relax...It's only seaweed..not debris...All it needs is the beach cleaner guy with his equipment ...here too the beach is 5 or 6 meters lower
I don't have a pic of Grand Fond...(but it's really spectacular)
It was also cloudy.The sea was clean and beautiful

Thanks for posting these Chris, can't wait to walk on them again.

Island needs lots of "slow/soft" rain (and no wind,of course)
It was getting greener very quickly in some areas when i left...As soon as it will turn green,there will be a giant "feel good " effect

we were supposed to stay at VDD, 10/28-11/18 2017 from the looks of it, l don't think it's going to be ready even next year
don't know if the owner has the cash to fix it

We have stayed at Do Dragon and enjoyed that villa. Sorry to see that it is in need of major work and that you and Carole lost it as a getaway happy place, Henry.

The Saline photo is shocking in how much beach (dune to water) is missing.

Yes, it can be a surprise upon first glance but from experience I can tell you that the beach sand recovers quickly. Saline looked similar (like a giant bite was taken out of it) after smaller storms like Earl & Gonzalo and a few weeks later the "damage" was almost un-noticeable. If it wasn't for Maria passing by just last week, Saline might already be looking close to normal.

The steady drum beat of powerful ocean waves tend to restore the sand in short order.

I had a beach person on St Martin tell me that GOD TAKEAWAY DA BEACH AND GOD BRINGA BACK DA BEACH! God bless Milton, MAY HE REST IN PEACE, he was right.

Have to agree that I find the Saline photos shocking, but also understand that nature can easily replenish it over the winter.

Have to agree that I find the Saline photos shocking, but also understand that nature can easily replenish it over the winter.

Nothing shocking with the photo....cloudy day...lots of seaweed on the beach.(another massive) Clean up day is 30th of september all over the island

Nothing shocking with the photo....cloudy day...lots of seaweed on the beach.(another massive) Clean up day is 30th of september all over the island

So Chris, are you saying the beach was as wide (dune to water) as it's always been and it just looks shrunken in the photo from the angle it was taken?