100 % Puerto Rico no power

andynap

Senior Insider
No Tradewind flights either. It will be a while before anything lands there.

4A53BFF2-768C-45E6-ADA9-E67F583814E9.jpeg

Still have internet I have had 2 emails in the last 2 hours from friends just outside SJ. Bad damage and will take a while to recover and those are very nice neighborhoods.

Today Hurricane Maria, category 4, made landfall on Puerto Rico at around 5am local time.

Luis Muñoz Marín Airport has been closed since September 19, 7.30pm. The terminal buildings suffered minor damage in sections that were out of operation before the airport was closed. Airport management is evaluating damages and undertaking necessary works to resume operations, which is estimated to happen on September 21, on a limited basis. Airport infrastructure is insured against these events, therefore the Company does not expect significant economic impact.

[FONT=&quot]From Delta
Pending continued facility damage assessments at San Juan’s Luis Munoz International Airport, Delta plans to restart operations to Puerto Rico Saturday, with flights between the island and its hubs in Atlanta and New York-JFK International. Customers are encouraged to check flight status for the most up to date information.[/FONT]

From Delta
Pending continued facility damage assessments at San Juan’s Luis Munoz International Airport, Delta plans to restart operations to Puerto Rico Saturday, with flights between the island and its hubs in Atlanta and New York-JFK International. Customers are encouraged to check flight status for the most up to date information.
I just spoke with United and AA. Both airlines confirmed that they are scheduled to fly into SJU on Saturday. I also spoke with Tradewind who will resume regular operation by Saturday.

Watching the storm, our guess was that SJU would not be closed for long. It is a major international airport built to withstand the strongest hurricane forces however we did wonder if it would succumb to IRMA. Fortunately it did not. Great news for us as we are going thru PR on to Tradewinds and hopefully will not encounter any issues to SBH.