Flamands villa damage

trey

SBH Insider
If anyone has any information about the damage to villas in Flamands, please share it. We have a Villa Perchoir reservation pending but haven'theard anything from the owners.

Thanks

If anyone has any information about the damage to villas in Flamands, please share it. We have a Villa Perchoir reservation pending but haven'theard anything from the owners.

Thanks
Hi Trey - same here. For the past couple of years we've been the first guests of the season at Perchoir, typically mid-November before Thanksgiving. Like many on this board, we are in wait-n-see mode, giving it another week or so before even trying to reach out to Michel. We've not made alternate plans yet. If you hear anything let me know and vise versa, thanks.

Hi Trey - same here. For the past couple of years we've been the first guests of the season at Perchoir, typically mid-November before Thanksgiving. Like many on this board, we are in wait-n-see mode, giving it another week or so before even trying to reach out to Michel. We've not made alternate plans yet. If you hear anything let me know and vise versa, thanks.

Thanks. We emailed Michel when the storm was coming to wish him well but haven't heard back. Perchoir seems so vulnerable.

We had emailed Michel prior to the storm to let them know we were thinking of them and told him not to respond knowing they would be crazy busy. But of course Michel did respond and from his short message Le Perchoir did have some damage but it doesn't sound terrible. The issue might be getting people in to do the work. We were glad to hear that they were safe and we hope to see them soon. I hope you guys get to make your trip. It's a special island and a special villa

Scott

Happy times up on the rock - I really hope you all get to enjoy this special view/place soon. This big guy was from way back in 2003…for those that have visited recently - does the "rock" still have a protector?

Here is my favorite spot - I am sure you can all relate. Loved watching the hummingbirds come feast!

Perchoir Protector 1.jpgPerchoir Hammock.jpg

Thanks Amy - 2/3 of my favorites places in the Caribbean were just beat down and now Maria is threatening the others (Marie Galante, Nevis, hopefully not the Grenadines)… You can bet that as soon as the island nations are ready I am going in to support them. Anegada is one from way way back and might be first on the list to return depending on how they recover. I've avoided some of my most fav places because of the growth and changes that came with it. The clock is going to be turned back now after the brutality H I.

I found one way to cope with the sadness is to revisit photos from past trips. I've got to dig out the albums for the BVI as it was pre digital hah! Perchoir was a good example of recalling a happy time.

Bless those with the coming weather whose houses were damaged and they are exposed to the elements.

Hello all. I am the owner of Lumière (LUM) located in the Merlette section of Flamands. My house and the house directly above me, Villa Arte (ATT) were heavily damaged in the storm. It looks like both houses were in the wrong place at the wrong time and were hit by one of the microbursts that came down on St Barts as Irma passed over. The winds were so powerful that much of my deck just disappeared, my hurricane shutters which were rated for 200MPH were blown apart & many of the heavy mahogany doors were ripped off their hinges.

The good news is that the concrete walls of all three houses are still standing and the roofs while heavily damaged were not totally torn off. Now I have to: rebuild the ipe wood deck, install a new deck railing, get all new doors and windows, new roofs and a new storage building. A long list, but doable.

I am headed down to the island in the next 10 days so I can see the damage for myself. Lumière survived Louis and while Irma may have damaged my house, I am committed to restoring it completely. In the meantime, here are few pictures so you can see the power that Irma had.

Attachments

• LUM 5  deck & pool.jpg
    LUM 5 deck & pool.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 1,372
  • LUM 3 DR & LR .jpg
    LUM 3 DR & LR .jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 1,387
  • LUM 2 lower level.jpg
    LUM 2 lower level.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 1,360
  • LUM 8 main house roof.jpg
    LUM 8 main house roof.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 1,365
Thank you for the photos, good to hear from a fellow rental villa owner.
In our neighborhood of Roc Flamands, down the hill and toward the plage from you and perhaps a little less exposed---villas there were constructed about the same time (steel reinforced concrete, 150mph roofs, heavy wooden interlocking shutters) it was interesting to see that some were untouched and others more heavily damaged.
Best of luck with your repairs.

Hi Greg,
Thank you for sharing this sad news. I am so sorry for the losses at the lovely Lumiere. I wish you a quick recovery.
Hugs,
Gayle

oh no... this is so sad. We visited Lumiere before you became the owner when we were contemplating our own purchase on the island. We could see it's potential but it wasn't the right time for us. You had done such amazing things to this villa, so sorry to hear you had so much damage despite the hurricane shutters.

Hello all. I am the owner of Lumière (LUM) located in the Merlette section of Flamands. My house and the house directly above me, Villa Arte (ATT) were heavily damaged in the storm. It looks like both houses were in the wrong place at the wrong time and were hit by one of the microbursts that came down on St Barts as Irma passed over. The winds were so powerful that much of my deck just disappeared, my hurricane shutters which were rated for 200MPH were blown apart & many of the heavy mahogany doors were ripped off their hinges.

The good news is that the concrete walls of all three houses are still standing and the roofs while heavily damaged were not totally torn off. Now I have to: rebuild the ipe wood deck, install a new deck railing, get all new doors and windows, new roofs and a new storage building. A long list, but doable.

I am headed down to the island in the next 10 days so I can see the damage for myself. Lumière survived Louis and while Irma may have damaged my house, I am committed to restoring it completely. In the meantime, here are few pictures so you can see the power that Irma had.
So sorry to hear this we stayed there many years ago and enjoyed the the house and deck very much. We wish you a speedy recovery for this special villa.

For Perchoir fans- as someone noted on different thread, Google Earth has recent update. You can see Perchoir and at least it has a roof and isnt obviously damaged.