Emeraude Plage

lisa b

SBH Member
My husband and I are (were) booked to stay at Emeraude Place again March 2018. I just received an email this afternoon from Genevieve Nouy, the proprietress there, that they are canceling our booking due to severe damage sustained by the hotel.

IMG_3578.jpg

I thought perhaps she had to cancel selective guests based on the location of the room booked; we were staying in one of the oceanfront cottages on St. Jean Beach. However, the wording of her email sounds more general than that. I'm hoping that they're able to recover; we've always had wonderful stays there.

My husband and I have been lucky enough to be going to St. Barts yearly (save two years) since 2004. I discovered the forum ~5 years ago but I never posted here before now. I just want to thank all of the forum members who post and make this site invaluable - SO much good information and recommendations.

I hope you all have better luck with your planned trips than we're having!

Welcome aboard and sorry for your cancellation but nothing you can do. I'm still waiting to see if my villa survived on the other side of St Jean.

We were told our villa survived with no damage, but "no tourism for a year" ....... We were booked for February. We are taking a wait and see approach.
But I think anyone who thinks they are going in the next 2 months or more, is smoking funny stuff. As someone noted - while they need tourism dollars,
they need to concentrate on getting their lives, living quarters and work spaces put back together - not to mention the infrastructure. Our hearts and prayers go out to everyone on the island. May the recovery be sooner than expected.

This is what we were told as well from our villa owner. But we have confirmed our dates for 2018. Can't wait to get back! We were determined to return in December but were told otherwise by the owner.

By the way for 2017, AA let us change our flights, no charge, to St. Lucia and then on to the Grenadines. So we will head south for a new Caribbean experience.

We will miss St Barts and all of the wonderful people there. We continue to think of them in their recovery.