Cheval Blanc

From FB, translation by FB:

Suite au passage de l’ouragan Irma sur notre belle île de Saint-Barthélemy, nous sommes soulagés d’annoncer que l’ensemble des Ambassadeurs Cheval Blanc et Taïwana sont sains et saufs. La Maison étant actuellement fermée à l’occasion de sa rénovation annuelle, aucun hôte ne séjournait parmi nous. Nous vous remercions chaleureusement pour tous vos messages de soutien et de réconfort, et nos pensées se tournent plus particulièrement vers ceux qui souffrent des dégâts causés par l’ouragan.

Following the passage of hurricane Irma on our beautiful island of Saint-Barthélemy, we are relieved to announce that all white and taïwana ambassadors are safe and sound. Since the house was currently closed for its annual renovation, no host was staying with us. We thank you warmly for all your messages of support and comfort, and our thoughts are turning to those who suffer from the damage caused by the hurricane.

I saw awful photos of the rooms inside ( on twitter)...wind and water entered,at least in some of them.
There was a meeting yesterday in town with all hotels,discussing future plans.They will announce plans in a few weeks,i guess.

The hotel is very badly damaged...Photo is too sad..
Reconstruction will take a while...2 years or so,in my opinion.

Phil and Amy, what are you to do; hope they find an alternate location for fashion show Tuesday's

My heart breaks for all those who will not be able to reopen. My heart breaks for all the sweat and toil the St Barths strong are contributing at this time.

Bob, the fashion show will return to Cheval Blanc when the time is right. I am thankful that none of our CB friends was physically harmed nor killed by Irma. I am grateful for the small stuff and will look forward to future shows and spending time on their pool deck.

One of Matt and I favorite memories was dinner after the fashion show on August 8th... The dinner was exceptional, we had a great table and service was exemplary. Looking forward to returning in the future when they have completed resto :)

And we look forward to getting back and hooking up with old and new friends.

Tell Matt I say hello.