IRMA Day 3 September 8, 2017

amyb

Senior Insider
Hopefully the clean up continues at a good pace as the island also prepares for heavy rain and Hurricane Jose.

I woke up with our St Barth family on my mind again. I'm sending as much positivity and courage as I can muster. I understand the French military is set to arrive today with provisions. God, continue to show up for St Barth.

Tom Beach
IMG_3540.JPG

Fodder for an artificial reef! Only ray of sunshine from an otherwise horrible event! :wink2:

The bear didn't. :(

Some irony in the bear's fate - he carried in his hand "a plastiglomerate stone: a newly-discovered multi-composite rock made of plastic and molten lava from Kamilo Beach in Hawaii, the first sign of human-made debris binding permanently with nature".

May I be the first to suggest that the bear remain in place as is - a reminder of the power of nature - hopefully the last to suggest this too.

Hopefully the clean up continues at a good pace as the island also prepares for heavy rain and Hurricane Jose.

AMY - Thanks for managing the hurricane threads this way.

We can maintain a daily or begin using a general "Hurricane Irma"

I agree with Carmen - good reef builder! and Izzy --- pretty funny thought, but NO !!!

Let's have a daily post on Irma for a while ..... thanks

I finally looked at the photo of the hideous statue of the bear on a full screen (not my phone) and it's really an amazing shot. You've got the dead bear, the boat in the street, a totally denuded tree and a damaged roof. I'm not sure what my point is other than you can see a lot more detail if you're not viewing things from your phone