IRMA and St Jean

fandango

SBH Member
I am extremely saddened by the Devastation to my beloved island... my heart goes out to the residents, and I hope they find the willpower to rebuild...i am very concerned about Emeraude Plage , the property my wife and I fell in love with 10 years ago....I fear our beach side "jacuzzi" room is no longer... it seems this part of the island was hit extremely hard....I would love to hear the lovely owner and her staff are safe and the nicest bartender on the island, Mario as well...

only video I found of st Jean... ...shows a quick glimpse of sand in the background ...being positive that st Jean beach returns, along with Emeraude Plage, TomBeach, Eden Rock, Village st Barth, and of course Nikki beach....

Have a booked trip to return in early November and I don't have the heart to cancel....

Speedy Recovery to the Jewel of the Caribbean!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm31gLpnqYo

I saw pictures from inside La Plage. Beach looks good. And yes, the dam* fence is still there

If hydraulics didn't work against the fence on Wednesday it will never work. Time to come up with a new plan. That fence is indescribable.

We also are scheduled for early Nov, and having a tough time not cancelling, SXM airport is a mess. Waiting for a Wimco rep to check damage of our rental and the Island itself, they might need a couple months to get back to some normalcy.

We all want to get back and support the island, but right now they have another Category 4 hurricane to endure.

Deborah Brosnan to Cyclone St Barth infos et solidarité11 mins ·

Jose .. a serious lurch South...
JOSE-- URGENT--
Jose has just come south a little...
Bringing the path closer to SBH.
If the forecast is right it will pass very very very close...
Expect lots of rain, 40 to 60 mph wind and big seas...
BUT if it comes more south tonight it will be a full on hurricane tomorrow starting about midday and maximum wind about midnight..
Do not underestimate Jose... TELL YOUR FRIENDS.. Few people know how close it is going to be or when it will come... (Thanks to David Cullen for this info)

Beach boy. Can you post if you hear from Wimco? My daughter is slated to arrive on October 21. This is the first big trip for her. Coming with her bf, who has never been to the Caribbean. He was planning to propose on the trip. They are staying in St Jean via Wimco, AA, and sb commuter.

My wife and I are concerned as well, especially Emeraude Plage ... we've been going there since 2004. Hope Genevieve and the staff are okay (Mario gone for the season for the storm hit I believe), and her house and the property were not damaged terribly.