Marius tucked in at home

stbartshopper

Senior Insider
Marius just told friends of ours he is riding it out in his house. For those of you who may not know, Marius lives over by Shell Beach, behind the school, right up against the little mountain there. He said he has always 'ridden it out' in his house. He said friends from all over the world have called him. He also shared his memories of Luis. His family members live all around him so at 94 he is surrounded by love.

This one could certainly turn out to be the worst of them all. Please take care of each other and I pray you get through this unharmed.

This one could certainly turn out to be the worst of them all. Please take care of each other and I pray you get through this unharmed.

Yes, Phil, that is our wish also. Like Houstonians, I hope the people of St. Barth can encourage and help one another. Strange to remember that Hurricane Luis hit the island exactly 22 years ago (according to one news report).

Although we did not start coming to the island until after Luis, the photos of the aftermath are grim. However the island recovered as it will after Irma.