Hurricane Irma

KevinS

Senior Insider
Hurricane Irma has increased back to a Category 3 Hurricane, and is expected to strengthen further. Current forecasts call for it to pass just North and East of St Barth, with the arrival of the storm sometime on Tuesday. Irma will likely bring Hurricane Force Winds to St Barth.

Meteo France has raised a Vigilance Jaune, a yellow alert, for Guadeloupe, St Barth, and St Martin. I've exchanged messages with Rosita, and they are very concerned and are working to secure their properties and prepare in advance of the storm.

Irma is being discussed in two other threads here:

https://www.sbhonline.com/forums/showthread.php/91531-Too-late-to-evacuate

https://www.sbhonline.com/forums/showthread.php/90995-Something-to-watch

Yeah passing just north and east means northwest to north east winds and a surge which goes from north to south which means Flamand, St Jean, Lorient, and Cul De Sac get the worst of it

IMG_0136.GIF

Yeah passing just north and east means northwest to north east winds and a surge which goes from north to south which means Flamand, St Jean, Lorient, and Cul De Sac get the worst of it

Yes, but the winds should be less strong on that side of the hurricane than they would be if it were to pass just south and west of the island.

"Should be " being the key words here ...

many of the reliable models are suggesting an east coast thrashing after it leaves the Caribbean

SBH is in our thoughts and prayers. And please don't send it to Charleston SC. I've like to not have to board up twice in less than a year. ��

IMG_0143.GIF
The ECMWF model which has been the single most reliable model does put the center of convection right near SBH

Oh boy, well here visiting for two more weeks.. I hear from the housekeeper they are going to close the house up with us inside so we got provisions and I guess we just, Button down the hatches and hope for the best like everyone on the island is doing...., Fingers crossed and prayers ready for everyone on the island..

What else can we do except wait it out with food and water. The metal window shutters will be closed and furniture moved inside tomorrow. We have battery lights. Not sure what else we can do... Hopefully the electric will stay on... And we can all keep in touch..