Voyager 1 Accident

Does it seem to anyone else that the offending "rock" must have been pretty big & protruding significantly above the water surface in order to cause that kind of damage at the prow of the boat? I see in one of the reports that visibility was diminished . . . but, don't these boats have sonar equipment to give notice of such hazards? (Nothing said about the Captain getting a breathalyzer test.)

The French article in the first link does say that alcohol tests carried out on the crew members were negative.

Does it seem to anyone else that the offending "rock" must have been pretty big & protruding significantly above the water surface in order to cause that kind of damage at the prow of the boat? I see in one of the reports that visibility was diminished . . . but, don't these boats have sonar equipment to give notice of such hazards? (Nothing said about the Captain getting a breathalyzer test.)

Don't get me started

inexcusable ....period

Thanks, Mike . . . of course, I'm uninformed about boat navigation, but common sense would say . . .!

Agree with Mike- no excuse on a simple passage that is done multiple times daily. Maybe texting or staring at the phone by the Captain was the culprit?

I noticed all week at there was no night arrival. I thought it was a seasonal thing