50th bday

Divabella

SBH Insider
Truly blessed that I will be spending my 50th bday here! Beyond excited. My plan is to spend the day at Cheval Blanc (spent the day there last year on a day trip from SXM and instantly fell in love). Looking for dinner recommendations. I was thinking Bonito but would love additional suggestions.

Consider Tamarin or L'Esprit in Saline. Tamarin is beautiful, especially at night, and Chef Jean-Claude Dufour at L'Esprit is arguably the best chef on the island. Orega is another restaurant which I would consider for a special night, and is where I celebrated my last birthday.

The day on which you are celebrating may matter. Tamarin is closed on Mondays, Orega is closed on Tuesdays, and L'Esprit and Bonito are closed on Wednesdays.

Wait, at L'Esprit make sure you can see in to the kitchen. I could watch Jean Claude at his craft for hours on end. Ahh, Jean Claude. My favorite chef.

Happy Birthday!!
How about staying at Cheval Blanc for dinner. Last week, we enjoyed a fabulous dinner there, pics on a thread on this forum.

We have not tried Bonito, but that would be my choice for the "Romantic" aspect if that is what you are looking for. We stopped last time and made a reservation for the late sitting on the rail and confirmed we would have the look of the harbor. I believe the late sitting is at 9:30. Unfortunately both my wife and I were battling a virus for some of the vacation and at the last minute we had to cancel the reservation so it will be on our list next time.

Consider stopping at Eden Rock for a drink before or after dinner with a fantastic view.

Happy 50th! I'll join on that number in February. I would suggest Orega or La Isola. Both are different in food choices, but the service is impeccable at both places. Look the menu up on line or walk by to see which you prefer before making a choice. Many great options!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Orega and Tamarin are on our list for dinner during the week as well. I think I like ScottH's suggestion of pre dinner drinks at On the Rocks with dinner at Bonito. Bonito just looks so beautiful to me. And thank you KevinS for filling me in on what nights the restaurants are closed. I will be celebrating on a Tuesday. How far in advance do I need to make reservations for February ( I do realize it's only August, can you tell I am excited?? :wink2:;):tongue::cool:)

How far in advance do I need to make reservations for February ( I do realize it's only August, can you tell I am excited?? :wink2:;):tongue::cool:)

Bonito uses OpenTable. Make your res now if you like, but I think that a week in advance would be more than sufficient.

Things happen, things change. Check your res in advance. Make a phone call to check once you're on-island.

I don't use any online reservation service on St Barts. I always call when I'm there just to make sure.

I can finally help give some advice as I just got back!!! (trip report to follow - hint it was great)

We got an early reservation (the 7pm sitting) at Bonito on the rail and planned to arrive about 30 minutes plus early to see the sunset. We couldn't figure out where it was exactly so we missed the sunset, but the view was great from our perfect table on the railing. It was our favorite dinner. The place is beautiful and the service was great, but most of all the food was great. I'm no expert, but I would stick with Bonito and make sure you get a good table. I think there were about 4 or 5 on the railing? If you are using a concierge have them make the reservation because the table was kind of key. I'm guessing their call may hold more weight than an open table reservation.