Menu St Barth- August

August 17

IMG_0785.PNG
FullSizeRender 3.jpg

You would find me for lunch today either at Les Bananiers or Cote Port. Thank you again for keeping the daily paper posted.

More and more restaurants are closing for seasonal holidays. Today, if I were on-island, the Beef Cheeks at Côté Port would be my choice.

I ate lunch at Le Diamant one time in the past year. It's a distinctly "local" place -- somewhat like The Hideaway at lunch. Food was very good & quite inexpensive. For visitors interested in trying something off the beaten path, without the glamour / sophistication of popular venues, I recommend it. The proprietress is a very nice St. Barths woman & is working hard to sustain a small business.

I ate lunch at Le Diamant one time in the past year. It's a distinctly "local" place -- somewhat like The Hideaway at lunch. Food was very good & quite inexpensive. For visitors interested in trying something off the beaten path, without the glamour / sophistication of popular venues, I recommend it. The proprietress is a very nice St. Barths woman & is working hard to sustain a small business.
I liked Le Diamant when we ate there years ago but after they closed and then reopened we haven't been back. Out of sight is appropriate here.

I wouldn't mind exploring Le Diamant, but my less-adventurous dining companion might. While I might be having Beef Cheeks today at Côté Port, she would be dining on the tried and true Salade Pilou.

The lady at Le Diamant is a great example of old style St. Barths hospitality and culture . . . well worth the visit to be part of it, and the menu is extensive and varied. It's just not "froo froo," as one of our friends describes the offerings of many SBH restaurants!

Andy will get a month holiday, as the lunch specials is taking a break for the month of September and re-starting on October 2. What will you do with yourself Andy? lol