Random photos from late July/early Aug

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

My second language lament as well. Spanish was my foreign language and I do use it on occasion back home in NY, BUT NOT HERE. I could use some Italian phrases for special evenings at L'Isola however. And I do hear Portuguese in many places.

Villa lunch. Leftover La Gloriette pizza and tuna. (The pizza went quickly with only a piece of a piece remaining for the photo.). Had to bust out some meat, cheese and bread to fill the void.

IMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0706.jpg
    IMG_0706.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_0706.jpg
    IMG_0706.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 313
Of course! Final night on the island.....L'Esprit. Maybe we'll see you there? :D

I hope hope they got our reservation via the Access site. We've had mixed results. Les Bananiers had no record of our rezzy (via the Ala Catre site). Cote Port said they didn't have a record of our rezzy even though I had an email saying it was confirmed. Santa Fe didn't have a record of our rezzy when we showed up, but a little bit later David (?) came to our table to apologize. He got the request on Wednesday when they were closed and forgot to do anything about it!!

Summer menu (Aug 4th version)

IMG_0957.jpg

Amuse of wahoo sushi. Nice and cool

IMG_0961.jpg

Duck spring roll

Foie gras and squid

IMG_0963.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

Tuna tare tare

IMG_0965.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0962.jpg
    IMG_0962.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 280
Palate cleanser. Grapefruit flavor and more of a shaved ice feel than sorbet.

IMG_0966.jpg

Main course of tuna

IMG_0967.jpg

More later. Gotta board the saddest flight in the world

L'Esprit dinner continued... with more main courses.....

Sweetbreads. If truth be told, the ones at Santa Fe were better. Creamier and a larger portion, plus a decadent sauce.

IMG_0968.jpg

Scallops

IMG_0969.jpg

Desserts

IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0972.jpg

Thank you for entertaining us with your trip reports!

I hope your travels back to the USA went well.

Thanks Tim! Travel went very well. We arrived into Dulles a half an hour early and due to a longer than usual wait for the weird Dulles-shuttle thing (which I mistakenly thought they had gotten rid of) our bags were waiting for us (checked for free from SBH.....I didn't realize that was still an option).

I'll also put in a plug for Global Entry. If we didn't have it, chances are that we'd still be in line!

I somehow missed this earlier.

Yes, the genie is out of the bottle and there's no putting it back in.

My son is lamenting the fact that he didn't take French in high school.

A word of advice you probably won't take ..show the kids other islands....so they see it's a great big wide world with many great places ....it opened up our daughters eyes wide ....and now she is anxiously looking forward to our upcoming trip to Anegada ....because she now knows St Barts is not the only great option ...FWIW

And three whole frozen scallops at L.espirt eh ?....wow....living large LOL

Thanks Mike, good adivice. I've never heard of Anegada but I'll look into it.

As for your final line, I really don't understand your constant need to get a judgemental dig in, but I'm quite sure if you had those scallops without knowing they weren't Mike R worthy, you would have loved them.

I avoid the dreaded departure blues by always having my next two trips planned, both with deposits paid. It eases the immediate pain.