Random photos from late July/early Aug

Bart....just a light hearted poke at the restaurants portioning ...

nothing more or less than that ....

glad you had a nice vacation

Thank you SO much, Bart, for all these wonderful photos. Every single one of your meals look amazing and tasty! No doubt you and the fam made some wonderful memories that will be talked about for years to come. It was nice to see all four of your smiles as you passed by Oubli in the Mini.

IMG_9104.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

Kevin - for the first time ever, we have the next trip planned, but it still hurts.

Missy - good seeing for that brief second. Like I told Amy, I regret not working harder in getting together somewhere but time seemed to slip away so fast and we had a "no real plan" plan. Next time!!

we had a "no real plan" plan

That's the best kind of plan! Which way is today's wind blowing? Where is the sargassum? Which online menu caught my eye, or which walk-by aroma turned my head around? Which memorable restaurant haven't I dined in lately? What would I like for today's lunch/dinner view? All are good inputs for a "no real plan" plan, and there are many more.

Ours starts with Choisy or Petite Colombe? Marche U or AMC? Pool? Beach? Picture taking day or music and read at home day? Decisions decisions and so it goes. The most popular chat topic...where to dine of course.

Loved your photos and reports, Bart. You certainly covered the island like an embedded reporter. Thanks so much!

Putting a pool outside of the dining / bar area was a great move in renovation of Francois Plantation . . . it brings life to an area that formerly always was beautiful, but suffered from terminal sedation during the day. (By contrast, the serenity was -- and is -- romantic and unforgettable at night.)

Thank you for all the nice pics of L'Espirit. Will be there Wednesday evening. Can't wait, taste buds are in anticipation mode.