Random photos from late July/early Aug

You're not missing much, are you? Your kids are getting the complete island tour!

It's a blessing and a curse.

Blessing: They love this place and want to come back.

Curse: They love this place and want to come back.

Im going to have to break it to them that they'll have to pay their own room, board and freight next time!!!:biglaugh:

It's a blessing and a curse.

Blessing: They love this place and want to come back.

Curse: They love this place and want to come back.

Im going to have to break it to them that they'll have to pay their own room, board and freight next time!!!:biglaugh:

I was thinking of that nascent dilemma earlier. A World War I song came to mind "How Ya Gonna Keep 'em Down on the Farm (After They've Seen Paree?), but in this case it is more like "How Ya Gonna Leave 'em in DC, (After They've Seen St Jean?)".

We went to Tamarin tonight and shocker, everyone loved it. The kiddos were blown away by the setting.....until they started eating. Then the food took center stage.

Paco greeted me warmly like a long long lost friend, which is remarkable because until tonight we were a one (or possibly two) visit a year people and only in early December.

At at one point he came to our table to clear some dishes. Here is the commentary from the peanut gallery:

Daughter: He looks like a model
Son: That is one handsome guy

Anyhow, the food...,

Ceviche on a bed of avocado. My son said this was the best thing he's ever eaten (and he ate most of it!)

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

Arugula salad. The ladies shared this and it was gone before I could get a taste.

IMG_0124.jpg

Foie gras with mango and sweet pepper. They called it "half cooked". Fortunately, the kids didn't like it! Served with bread for spreading.

IMG_0127.jpg

Tuna entree with wok cooked veggies. Both my daughter and I got this one. Yum!

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

Steak and frites that my son had. Looks plain, but tasted great. Fortunately he couldn't finish it all so I was able to step in and save the day.

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

My wife had the homemade gnocchetti sardi pasta with shrimp and squid. Tragically, I did not sample this dish.

IMG_0132.jpg

Dessert: profiteroles. (In honor of Missy!)

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

Good night

IMG_0144.jpg

Great news. We too get a kick out of helping develop budding gourmands. You and the kids are on a roll. Keep up the good work and the good photos.

Not sure why a bunch of pic show up twice in this thread, but I'm chalking it up to the funky internet connection.

And thanks Amy! Part of me longs for the simpler times when neither of them like shrimp!

Bart and Kim - I am so glad you guys are having a great time!!! The pictures of the island and food are a great way to start my day! Thanks for sharing! It is feeding my fix :D

See you there soon.

C

I remember the family Maine trip when we introduced the boys to lobster-no looking back!

Oh my! Those meals look divine. ...and those FRITES are my new best on the island! Unfortunately, I'm usually too stuffed for dessert so thank you for enjoying the profiteroles in my honor. I agree with the kid's table conversation, by the way!

Love this thread! I was wondering if the kids liked it..LOL! Of course they do. Glad you are having a great trip. We are finally all booked for November and I can't wait!!

Meat my Fish was our best new fish find of the trip sadly we didn't get to buy any meat but I was great looking Tuna was amazing

We pretty much had Flamands to ourselves on this cloudy and windy day until that rain ran us off. There was a bit of (new) seaweed on the sand today but a barely noticeable amount in the water.

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg