Villa Art or Villa Sandra & Jessica

stbarthsrenee1

Help! My husband and I are returning to St. Barths for our 5 year anniversary (finally!) and can't decide on a villa. We are debating between Villa Arte (in the Roc Flamands estate) or Sandra & Jessica (right on Lorient beach). He likes being right on the beach, I love the idea of the pool and the views...(We split our honeymoon between Eden Roc and Villa Donato...) Any feedback is appreciated!

I never heard of Villa Sandra & Jessica but I looked it up and see it's newly built and every agency has it and it's a VRBO. Right on Lorient beach. Looks very nice.

Love Villa Donato
If I had to choose I would opt for Arte between the two. Not a fan of Lorient for swimming

Love Villa Donato
If I had to choose I would opt for Arte between the two. Not a fan of Lorient for swimming
How is Lorient Beach? I seldom hear anyone mention it as a beach they like, but notice there are quite a few villas on the beach there that I read about on here and see on the rental sites. I love the idea of staying right on the beach, but obviously you give up something to do it or the price you pay goes up a little. Is it not a nice beach and if not, why?

You can swim on Lorient but you have to go down to the far side. There are some villas that you can't swim in front of.

We have not stayed in Arte, but we did stay in a different villa in Roc Flamands. The views from that location are beautiful and there is a sidewalk all the way down the hill to the beach. Not a bad walk, but it is steep coming back up. Our villa owner had a relationship with the Isle de France (at the time) to use their chairs during the day; not sure if Cheval Blanc does this, but would be worth asking the rental agency or owner. We stayed on the beach in St. Jean one time and I missed having the panoramic view that you get when you stay higher up. Hope you have a wonderful vacation. Hard to go wrong with any villa choice there.

FullSizeRender 4.jpg

Dont know anything about the villas but I'm going to defend Lorient beach. I think it's a great beach and among the most swimmable beaches. For swimming I mean actually swimming for exercise by swimming distance. You can't really swim at Flamands when the surf is up which is most of the time. The wave action makes it a struggle unless it's a calm day. I hate trying to swim at St Jean as it gets so dang crowded. Shell while good for swimming is a pain for parking and the crowds. Lorient is perfect for swimming. It's mostly a locals beach which means it's not packed with tourists. While there are always some people there, it has a relaxed vibe. Less people also means easier parking. Even in rough weather, the reefs keeps the water calm so I can get my "laps" in. As to the rocks, just come in at the entrance by the surf shack and go a little to the right to the clear sand. I also like to watch the surfers and look up to the Autour du Rocher and imagine what life was like on the island before I knew it existed when I'm just sitting on the sand. Best of all when I get hungry, Jojo Burger is across the street.

Two years ago we rented a villa on the water in Lorient. Wasn't on the beach as it was off to the eastern end. But we would get up every morning and walk to the sandy part and spend the morning swimming before lunch and then hit one of the glamour beaches in the afternoon. We really came to appreciate Lorient then. Despite having to share the beach at Lorient with the Kardashians, it became our favorite beach.

image.jpegimage.jpgimage.jpg

I enjoyed an East End villa stay on Lorient an awful lot too. Sea Breeze was a delight and the convenience to shopping and dining was a plus.