Getting down to the beach in Colombier?

Bart -my real name-

Senior Insider
And yes, Columbier is on the list. Wasn't sure my sisters would be up for the hike but I think they are game.

In another thread andreahg asked about hiking to Columbier and I advised taking the lower path for an easier hike. I mentioned that the very last part was the hardest. The part from the path/road above the beach down the steep hill to the water.

I've always just sort of winged it and worked my way down through the trees and sand, but it's always been a bit of a hassle.

Is there an official unofficial path down to the beach? That old stone staircase is nice except for the last 10 feet where there are no more steps!

We always walk down the road that parallels the beach, about halfway down there are several paths in the dunes that lead down to the water.

We are always amused at the people who try to go down as soon as they come over the hump above the beach. It is very treacherous. Just past the shed on the road there are easy paths down to the beach.

The easiest way is to go by boat, IMHO. :)

You are rght about that ..we go to colombier more than any other beach ....by boat which we rent at least once and the other times we take the lower route from Petit Anse which is a fairly easy walk that takes about 15 minutes ...I do it almost every morning before every one wakes up for an early morning swim to make up for the bakery breakfast I'm going to eat soon after ..LOL