A little bit of our trip 7/1-7/7

Karen

Senior Insider
Another wonderful trip to SBH. We started out with a few days on Orient Beach in SXM, but I posted that elsewhere. Small snafu with AA on flight rerouting which meant our 1st class reservation was not available. No problem as we are getting a refund. No big travel drama. We stayed at Villa Mango for the 5th time. The owners are amazing, we rent one of their cars, and they are so stinking sweet and see to your every need with a stocked fridge plus more. Lunches were at L' Gloriette and L' Piment. Love lunch at both places but did experience more smoking than usual. Food was fine. Dinners at L'Gloriette (service was off) and pizza was good. Rick's calzone was amazing. Dinner at Santa Fe was good. Different, but good. Dinner at Bananier with 2 forum couples after the fashion show was really good with the company being even better! Drinks at Shellona with BBT before we headed back to our villa where the owner had prepared the most delicious marinated mahi for us. Last meal was at L'Isola. This is always our last meal at my husbands request (I do let him make some of the decisions since I plan the whole thing;). I know that some people have thoughts about going for Italian when you can get it at home, the service is the best and the wild boar risotto is out of this world! Sorry...no pics. I didn't take my phone, but the images are ingrained in my head. Flights back through Miami to Richmond were tight but we made it in time for my grandmother's funeral. AA was great about helping us to the gate. We made it with 5 minutes to spare. Until next time, I will continue to live through your trip reports. Cheers!!

Ellen, we missed you and Rosemond! We need a plan. Thanks for reading the report and to Cass, too! Back to the real world as in cleaning. Waah!
Bob... we are definitely taking a year off, but we will keep in touch! Don't mark my words, though ;). I think we will be very involved in selling a house here which I hope will happen sooner rather than later.

Great report. Don't understand why American keeps making adverse changes for many of us. Their employees say don't blame us- "It's their computers that do it."