Meat and Potatoes

belinda

SBH Insider
Trying to see if and when Meat and potatoes in Saline close for the season. Iv tried the website and it's not working, calling and no answer and tried email as of yet no reply. Does anyone have any idea.

Oh, no. Sorry to hear they closed... Thanks for letting me know Kevin.. Trying to book some nice restaurants for when we come over end of August beginning of September and finding a load of them are going to be closed... ��

You're visiting at a time when many people and businesses on the island take their annual holiday, but you won't go hungry. L'Esprit de Jean-Claude, just down the road from M+P, should be open for dinner. L'Esprit is featuring a 3-course fixed-price summer menu. The summer menu has changed at least once, but I think that the one below is the most recent:

MENU D'ÉTÉ A L'ESPRIT
Entrées au choix
Foie Gras mi cuit Pain d'épices Poire au Poivre
Tartare de Thon Jaune Jalapenos
Raviole de Champignons & Gambas Rôties
Nems de Canard
Plats au choix
Fricassée de Calamars façon Thaï
St Jacques snackées, Raviole de Topinambour au Foie Gras
Pavé de Thon jaune Grillé, Piperade au Chorizo
Pavé de Veau Rôti , Polenta Tomates Confites
Desserts au choix
Entremet Chocolat
Tarte aux Framboises
Pêche Melba
Assortiment Sorbets Maison

Thanks for the info. Normally we come in February however it's my husbands 60th birthday so thought we would come in August. For some reason I thought it was October when they closed...

You can also keep up with which restaurants are open by looking on this when you get there.
http://www.access-stbarth.com/en/restaurants-st-barts/for-dinner
and this one

http://www.alacarte-stbarth.com/?lng=en

The historical peak of the hurricane season in the St Maarten/St Barth area seems to be in the first half of September. That may give some of the locals an incentive to take their holidays then. Most of the big hotels close by the end of August. By the beginning of October things start reopening, by Thanksgiving almost everything is open, and everyone tries to be open by December 15 for the Christmas and New Year's holidays.

You'll find a quieter island when you're visiting, and perhaps more European and South American visitors. You may also find one of Les Fêtes de Quartier, the local celebrations in different quarters of the island.

The island may be quiet, but it won't be dead.