L'Entracte, La Creperie, or Le Raparie?

Bart -my real name-

Senior Insider
I've never been to any of these three places. How would you rank them?

Are any of them "must do's"? Are any of them "take it or leave it" places?

Thanks!

Re: L'Entracte, La Craperie, or Le Raparie?

Bart-we go to Creperie and Repaire regularly--lighter fare and more casual with wonderful owners and servers. Entracte gets hot and stuffy and has a very liberal smoking policy that can be a turn off. Last time we ate there, we were lucky-no smokers. Repaire has railing seating along the sidewalk for smokers.

Creperie-great crepes, sandwiches, and often terrific special plates. Many locals and families dine there.Bonus- wonderful ice cream desserts. Sometimes we dine before and visit for dessert only.
Repaire has a special's chalkboard that provides many surprise delights-be sure to check out before ordering off the menu.

le repaire THE BEST ,always good and always consistent for 22 years that we have been going.great food great variety and therefor a must do!! la creparie very good and very convenient. we recommend it!! don't know about l' entract but I am sure someone will weigh in.

Hey Bart- Craperie? It's better than that. :cool: The menu is lighter than most places. There are many posts on Le Repaire- all good I think. It is now our first night dinner. I stay away from L'Entracte because of the smoking.

......I would add Cantina to that group level....I love all of them but a little indifferent to L'Entracte due to Phil's comments....

I have Le Repaire in heavy rotation. I refer to it as an ambidextrous restaurant - good for both lunch and dinner. Always check the specials board, as you can find some jewels there. We sometimes default to Le Repaire if we can't decide where to go for lunch or dinner.

La Crêperie has recently been re-added to my list of regular restaurants. The menu is lighter than most, the prices are a bit friendlier than most, and it has A/C, which can be welcoming on a hot, humid night. I don't know how it ever fell off my list of regular restaurants. Try the Salted Caramel ice cream for dessert. Good for both dinner and lunch.

L'Entracte has never appealed to me.

Creperie has been a multiple visit place for 30+ years ...love love love the place ...Repaire also as long with me, but not as heavy rotation....L'Entracte was our absolute favorite with the original owners but now it's just every now and then

but be warned none of those places are see and be seen joints nor do they sell overpriced under portioned and overrated food ....so there is that

...Bananiers has new tables, chairs, whole new cool look......and a cool new sign........Love Fred and his staff.....

Has nothing to do with who you are or aren't.....that format I referenced is undeniably very popular there for whatever reason, so I was just generically covering that base - just in case ...

and you re welcome ....

And I agree that Bananiers is also a real winner in that genre as well

I've never been to any of these three places. How would you rank them?

Are any of them "must do's"? Are any of them "take it or leave it" places?

Thanks!

Le Creperie and La Repaire are definitely "must do's" on my list, Bart. L'Entracte is a "leave it" in my opinion, simply due to the smokers. Another you might consider adding to this list is Le Jardin next door to Marche U. I'm not sure if they do dinner, but a sweet spot for lunch.

Hey Bart- Craperie? It's better than that. :cool: The menu is lighter than most places. There are many posts on Le Repaire- all good I think. It is now our first night dinner. I stay away from L'Entracte because of the smoking.

Agree with Andy. We often have dinner at Le Repaire and dessert at La Creperie -- makes for a nice walk around town.

Bart - our 1st night is either Bananiers or Le Repaire. We have never been disappointed in the food or service. We eat early on travel day and both are open and ready to serve. We were even offered bug spray at Le Repaire one year before we sat down. Odd way to start dinner but I appreciated they were concerned for my comfort.

I agree with Missy that Le Jardin is a good lunch spot and worth trying. We get sandwiches (chicken curry with apples is my favorite) several times during the week as well as our going away meal before leaving the island. It is inexpensive and so convenient to the airport. I don't think they are open for dinner, only breakfast and lunch.

It's too soon, and too many things going on, to look at the calendar and start a countdown, but thinking about which restaurant will be our 1st night stop, brings a smile to my face.

C

Have never been to Creperie. L'Entracte- we agree with the above comments- the air does not flow thru adequately so it can be uncomfortable. We love the atmosphere of the boats across the street and the flow of pedestrians at Le Repaire and usually there is a nice breeze in the harbor. Le Repaire (not Raparie?) is our go to between those two.

Try to add Creperie to your list-we have never been disappointed for a meal or just dessert.

Both La Creperie and Le Repaire are open non-stop. They are great places if you stay at the beach too long and need a late lunch or early dinner. Speaking from experience.... :D