What island is it?

dlmnc

Greetings,

From Gouverneur Beach, I can see three islands. I'm pretty sure the one to the right is St. Eustatius, and just to the left of it is St. Kitts. To the left of St. Kitts, much farther away, there's another island visible. Does anyone know what island it is? Antigua? Montserrat? Guadeloupe?

Thank you.

From Gouveneur Beach, the cone shaped Island on the right is Saba, to its left is St Eustatius, and to it's left is St Kitts. The Island that is just barely visible behind St Kitts is Nevis.

Phil

I didn't think you can see Saba from Gouverneur, but if so then there are 4 visible islands. I know you can see Saba very clearly from the hills of Colombier though.

To the left of St. Kitts, much farther away, there's a big island visible when it's clear. The three islands in that general direction are Montserrat, Guadeloupe, and Antigua.

Thanks

For those of you that would like to enjoy a little of what St. Barth used to be like, a trip to Saba should be in store. At least 1 overnight is recommended if not 2 to do the island justice.

I'm in agreement that anything you are seeing past St Kitts is most likely Nevis. Montserrat is about 90 miles away from St Barts and while that may be theoretically possible to see on an extremely clear day, you are only likely to see the tip if you could see anything. The same could be said of Antigua and Guadeloupe is too far to be seen. St Kitts has a primary peak on the north end and hills at the south end with lowlands in between. That could be misleading you as to what you are seeing. St Kitts has some beautiful countryside. The brimstone fort is amazing. The view from the ramparts show why the English navy controlled this part of the Caribbean.

I'm in agreement that anything you are seeing past St Kitts is most likely Nevis. Montserrat is about 90 miles away from St Barts and while that may be theoretically possible to see on an extremely clear day, you are only likely to see the tip if you could see anything. The same could be said of Antigua and Guadeloupe is too far to be seen. St Kitts has a primary peak on the north end and hills at the south end with lowlands in between. That could be misleading you as to what you are seeing. St Kitts has some beautiful countryside. The brimstone fort is amazing. The view from the ramparts show why the English navy controlled this part of the Caribbean.

We have explored. The fort is okay. The natural gardens are beautiful.
But I don't know if you need a guide to get there.

I have a picture I shot from the tip of Grand Fond that shows all Four islands on a pretty clear day (Saba, Sint Eustatius, St Kitts and Nevis). Not sure if it is going to upload or not as it is a pretty large file (13 mb).

And it would not upload.

IMG_0291.jpg

there we go, a bit of a pain, but here is the picture I referenced

From Gouverneur Beach, I can see three islands. I'm pretty sure the one to the right is St. Eustatius, and just to the left of it is St. Kitts. To the left of St. Kitts, much farther away, there's another island

I believe I have figured out the problem. Was at gouverneur and looked at what dlmnc saw. The confusion is not realizing that the "two" islands on the right is one not two. That is Statia. What you are seeing are the two peaks and you can't see the lowland in between. The peak on the left is the volcanic top of the Quill. To the right are other peaks on the north end. The "third" island you see on the far left is St Kitts.