April 2017 Trip

Chipper

SBH Insider
We had a wonderful 2 wks in paradise in April, a trip I anticipate more and more with each passing year. The Flts went smoothly and we were settling into our Lurin villa with Champs in hand by mid-afternoon. Dinners and lunches included: Sante Fe, Gloriette, La Plage, Shellona, La Guerite, Orega, Mayas, Aux Amis, Tamarin, Bagatelle, Cote Port and Island Flavors.
A short trip up the road the first night with dinner at Sante Fe was great and we were happy to discovery David's version of SF was doing very well. By happenstance we ran into Amy and Phil, which was delightful.
After a light b'fast the following day, courtesy of Choisy, we headed to St Jean Beach for a while before having lunch at one of our favorite spots, La Plage. The beet salad and tuna tartar, along with a fine Burgundian, hit the spot perfectly. Pool lounging and Champs tasting followed with dinner at the villa.
File Jun 08, 10 34 39 AM.jpeg

The next morning, following securing more supplies at Marche U, Segeco and Le Gout du Vin, and some time at Gouverneur, we headed to Tamarin. Paco had just returned from France following the birth of Roman and he was his usual cheerful self. Here I had what for me was the best lunch of the trip- Tomatoes and burrata( the tomatoes were the best I had on the island). I could eat this almost every day, terrific! And a nice Chablis makes all good things better! Dinner at La Guerite was good and capped a nice day.
File Jun 17, 10 53 41 AM.jpg

The next morning I made it to American Gourmet in Gustavia. Not sure how long this place has been around, but it was a fantastic discovery for me as I loaded up on roasted sweet peppers, marinated artichokes hearts, olives, etc for appetizers. LoVe this store and went back several times.
File Jun 08, 4 37 51 PM.jpg

Another night we enjoyed Eddys as I know many here do. Always a good dinner and fun time.

Orega was fabulous and it was good to see our friend Greg. We especially enjoyed the French touch, tuna tartar and the Sea bass. Best meal/experience of the trip.

The following week, our older daughter Kristen, and her children, Charlie and Lucy arrived. The kiddos were out of their mind excited on their first trip to St Barth, as they have heard us talking about it and have seen the photos over the years. Thanks again to Vincent & Rinaldo, everything went smoothly for them. I was in a celebratory mood, as one might imagine, and pulled out a nice Champ to get us started before dinner.
File Jun 17, 10 41 00 AM.jpg

We proceed to Cote Port for an easy going, fun dinner. The kiddos loved this resto and being on the harbor.

The next day the kiddos loved exploring the patio and pool and checking out the view as Les Voiles was getting started. And of course multiple trips to Choisy! And an island tour.
File Jun 17, 11 06 38 AM.jpg
File Jun 18, 8 44 03 AM.jpg
File Jun 08, 4 36 32 PM.jpg

After soliciting advice from our knowledgeable forum members, we decided on the catamaran Sunset Cruise by Jicky Marine. It was fantastic and we all had a blast. Good advice on that one. Merci!
File Jun 08, 10 36 54 AM.jpg
File Jun 08, 10 37 33 AM.jpg
File Jun 08, 10 45 57 AM.jpg

So many adventures and a lot of memories for all of us. And a last day terrific lunch at Gloriette!
File Jun 08, 4 35 25 PM.jpg
File Jun 08, 4 35 10 PM.jpg

Attachments

• File Jun 17, 1 07 56 PM.jpeg
    File Jun 17, 1 07 56 PM.jpeg
    596.5 KB · Views: 284
Chipper, what a wonderful trip report! Your family is absolutely lovey...and those grandchildren are simply precious! I love the shots of them steering the Jicky cat. You had some great dining experiences and memorable family time. A stellar trip for sure and thank you for sharing your trip with us all!

Nice meeting Chipper and his Chips...a lovely group for sure. Glad it was all you hoped for and that all of you can come back soon.

Fantastic, colorfully illustrated report! Thanks for posting . . . and so glad that the visit met expectations for all! Return soon!

Nice report, we have stayed at that villa since it was built. Best views of Gustavia & killer sunsets. Great shots of the grandkids.

There are not many places and times when one can have a perfect family time together and you did in paradise! Thank you for your photos and words!

Terrific report and photos. Thank you for posting, Chipper. Having family share a happy time on the island creates the best memories!

You have a most beautiful family Chipper. Hope they can come back many times. Awesome of you and your wife to share St. Barths with family. Loved reading our report and great photos.

Wonderful trip report. Glad that you chose to enjoy the Sunset Cruise! Your grandchildren are adorable! Thanks for posting.