Best Rosay

Excellent post.
They prefer the 80 euros domaine Ott in Sbh,usually.
By the way,I tried the new vintage of Minuty (2016) ..not as good and tasty by far.
Cellier du gouverneur is the wine shop on the island,in my opinion.Very friendly and great selection.

Cellier du gouverneur is the wine shop on the island,in my opinion.Very friendly and great selection.

Agree.
Had the '15 Rock Angel from Frédéric and Thierry recently. Nice upgrade from entry level cuvée Whispering Angel. Going to visit the Château in September and taste their full range including the Garrus, which has been crowned by some as the world's best rosé. Should be interesting.

That should be quite the memorable tour and tasting--ENJOY! I look forward to your report.

Only tested Roses $10 and under

we drink some everyday rosé that is $6 per bottle. quite acceptable for daily drinking. idem for red and white. makes the good stuff taste all that much better. the whole issue of the science of wine tasting can be questioned by earnest people. i have to know the individual taster to put much value on any review. highly subjective for one thing. most are simply unreliable.

for red we like the folonari chianti or montepulciano d'abruzzo. $11.99 a magnum.
for rosé la vieille ferme. $11.99 a magnum.
for white la vieille firme. $11.99 a magnum.

for $6 a bottle a lot of value. even in mass produced wines like these, quality varies somewhat by vintage.

Just got back from the liquor store and my favorite everyday summer rosay was on sale for 7.99 a bottle ( Chateau Montaud Cote de Province ) so I bought a case which he ended up reducing further to 84 bucks out the door .....perfect

IMG_0083.jpg

Is it true Andy that only Roses under $10 a bottle were tested for the Food and Wine article? If so, that is a very deceptive report!

Is it true Andy that only Roses under $10 a bottle were tested for the Food and Wine article? If so, that is a very deceptive report!
Actually it stated so in the article :"The Exquisite Collection Cotes de Provence Rosé 2016 earned its place as the best rosé under £8 (about $10) in the International Wine Challenge’s Great Value Awards in which thousands of entries are judged by a panel of wine experts."

Actually it stated so in the article :"The Exquisite Collection Cotes de Provence Rosé 2016 earned its place as the best rosé under £8 (about $10) in the International Wine Challenge’s Great Value Awards in which thousands of entries are judged by a panel of wine experts."

Well, that certainly takes the snobbery out of it.

Interesting. I'll have to give it another try. My memory of it from a few years ago was not that great, but my memory is a little fuzzy!

personally, i wouldn't expect to find a great wine of any stripe for six bucks. i find all the ones i mentioned correct, not-monkeyed-with wines that satisfy for the price. i would find it difficult to exist on only that level of satisfaction though. tonight we're having beautiful spaghettini alla vongole. a crisp flanghina from irpinia is waiting in the bucket.

Agree.
Had the '15 Rock Angel from Frédéric and Thierry recently. Nice upgrade from entry level cuvée Whispering Angel. Going to visit the Château in September and taste their full range including the Garrus, which has been crowned by some as the world's best rosé. Should be interesting.

This sounds delightful, Cass. I will stalk your FB page during this time in hopes of living vicariously.