Amazing stay at Villa Utopic in Corossol

sbhfan4life

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum but I'd like post a quick review on this great gem of a villa I discovered on the island.Me and my husband have been coming to St Barts for years and we usually stay in and around St Jean.However, we were convinced to give Corossol a try by our friends who had stayed in the village and had raved about the close proximity to the small beach and Gustavia. It turned out to be a great choice as we found this absolutely stunning villa high up in Corossol which had panoramic views over the harbour. Villa Utopic is a gorgeous modern villa with a huge pool and artworks throughout the house.It's a big villa so tons of space for a couple as there are three big bedrooms and lots of outdoor space.

As far as restaurant recommendations go,Nikki beach and Shellona are a must for a boozy lunch and Isola ,of course :), for dinner.Avoid hotel restaurants.In my opinion they are overpriced and so-so in terms of quality.

Have a great stay!

Attachments

• harborview2.jpg
    harborview2.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 1,428
  • masterview.jpg
    masterview.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 1,438
Great review -- wonderful photos! Looks like a perfect location. We, too, like Niikis and Shellona..... both are good with different vibes.

sbhfan4life,

While this villa is out of my price range, I understand that there is a villa being constructed right below this villa. If so, do you have any pictures of the property below or no? We are considering renting villa Passage in 2018 which is directly below Utopic but right next to the construction and are wondering what the progress looks like on the villa next door. Any insight is appreciated.

Hi Steelpe,

From my understanding, the villa manager said that the construction will mostly likely be finished by the end of this year.

sbhfan4life,

Thank you for your information. We were told the same thing from the agency however, things never go as planned. Do you have any pictures you could share that might possible show the current stage of construction?

My wife is set on renting the villa and I might have to roll the dice and believe the agency.

Hi Steelpe,

Sorry ,I don't have any photos of the construction site but it looks to be about 50% finished at the moment.The road below the two villas is quite damaged though,if that could be an issue in terms of access etc.

Hi everyone,

Quick update on Villa Utopic post-Irma.I was curious to find out how the house had fared after the hurricane so I got back in touch with the lovely Villa Manager.The house only suffered minor damage during the hurricane ,as is apparent in the photos below.The garden was slightly damaged but the huge palm trees and cacti are still standing.The pool is still empty and the shutters are since Hurricane Season hasn't finished yet.All houses on the hill must have been protected from the worst of Irma as apparently all are in pretty good shape considering. Nothing much in way of renovation/reconstruction expected in this area during the Winter Season compared to other parts of the island which were worse hit by Irma.

IMG_1126.jpg
IMG_1128.jpg
IMG_1131.jpg

You are very fortunate to have an easy fixer upper. Would that it were true for more owners and their properties.

sbhfan,

We were booked into Passage for January of 2018. From some of the pictures that Ellen posted it appears as if this villa made it through OK (although it's hard to tell as the pictures I have viewed are from quite a distance away). However, based upon reports of those living on the island together with our flights being canceled we decided to postpone our stay until 2019. The mrs is a little disappointed.

This year or next year? We will be in passage next year as our rental agreement requires the same villa for travel delays. As for vacation this year, I'm still on the fence about going anywhere. We are actually considering adding some days to passage next year if flights will allow us. That is the most likely and most economical solution. But, I my mind seems to change with the direction of the wind so who knows.

IMG_4131.jpg

From the WIMCO update i received yesterday.
Ready to go for the season.No noise in the neighborhood as villas in the area only suffered minor damages.

Strangely,the other side of the "morne",facing the sunset,was badly hit and several villas severely damaged.I used to rent a small villa there.Sad to see it so damaged.Lots of flying debris,according to my former neighbor.
Same is true uphill on the Colombier morne.Lots of damages there.
A villa manager told me houses in the domaine des etoiles were also badly damaged.

yes the other side of the "morne" had been damaged ..but all of them are going to be ready for Thanksgiving too :up:
of course i am talking about the ones facing sunset ..we are not les grandes étoiles

yes the other side of the "morne" had been damaged ..but all of them are going to be ready for Thanksgiving too :up:
of course i am talking about the ones facing sunset ..we are not les grandes étoiles

Great news..just lovely...Very good reporting from Wimco then...Kudos to their team for the quality of their advice.

Our friend Larry asked me to post this....seems he can't post it here or on instagram from the island today.

His comment "villa Utopic,St Barth are on another planet " ))

e943b3c2-d465-4057-af69-1d824433b4c8.jpg
2cf42113-c6d8-4ca7-b73f-30987fcdfbbe.jpg

(sorry for quality ..whatsapp )