Villa Eden in Marigot? Need recs for First time SBH visitors for 50th birthday....

JulieO

Hello Island friends,
We are booked for a trip to SBH 8 June to 14th. Many villas appear to be open and have already been in contact with Wimco, Sibarths and Luxury Retreats. The ones that bubble up for us are Villa Eden (Marigot), Villa Maison (St Jean), and Villa Sasha (Corossol). Anyone have recommendations for us? I've heard Marigot can be windy, with rocky beach. Eden has a small cleared out "beach" area just down from its pool.

We are 5 adults looking to be fairly close to activity, beach and fab restaurants, but want a house that is modern, airy, with sunset views, 3 separate en suite bedrooms. Looking for recs as to where on the island would be the best spot for us, since we want to limit driving as much as possible. We all do however enjoy walking, and are a fit/healthy bunch (i hear the hills on the island will tax even the fittest, esp with narrow roads?)

Thanks for any/all suggestions!

Julie from Oregon

Welcome to the Forum, Julie! We've stayed at Villa Suite Maison in St. Jean. It's a lovely 3 bedroom villa with beautiful sunset views over St. Jean Baie and Eden Rock. Great plane watching too! The kitchen is compact but has everything you'd need. The master suite on the first floor is huge and lovely with a small library and lounge area. There's another bedroom on the first floor, and the third suite is on the second floor by itself, also very lovely. The L-shaped pool and pool deck are very nice too. You're quite close to dining, good shopping and St. Jean beach. You could walk from this villa but the driveway is a bit steep and windy. Are you renting a car? You'd be missing out if you didn't visit the beautiful beaches (each one different) and Gustavia for dining and shopping - in my opinion. Happy villa shopping and let us know what you decide to do!

Villa Fregate is within walking distance to Le Ti if you want to party and not have to be concerned about driving home, easy walk with not too much elevation. Pool is heated and very nice views. Sound of surf below is very relaxing therapy.

We are also fans of Ville Fregate. It is away from any sounds of traffic and has great walking and the views are wonderful with always nice breezes!

Of the villas you mention, I only know Villa Eden. It's beautifully designed and furnished . . . quite elegant, IMO. Walking proximity to facilities as diverse as small, beach-front restaurants (O'Corail & La Gloriette), lovely resorts (Guanahani, Le Sereno, Le Barthelemy, each with highly rated restaurants & spas), and bountiful water sport activities.