Colony Club

Divabella

SBH Insider
Just booked unit D4, super excited as this will be our first vacation here. We visited for the day in February and instantly fell in love with the island. Any info on Colony Club and it's location and good restaurants and bars nearby.

Welcome to the forum Diva. The colony club sits high about Gustavia Harbor and some ads show a car included which you will need to get around the rest of the island. There are many restaurants near you and if you look at the restaurant forum there is a map of Gustavia with the restaurants listed. There are so many restaurants that people have favorites here but it's a matter of taste. Read some of the reviews on the restaurant forum
as well as some trip reports which include resto reviews. The closest beach to you is St Jean which is nice and lively. There are 2 sections- one side of the Eden Rock and the other side of Eden Rock. Both sides have their merits- the La Plage side is lively and the Nikki Beach side is more quiet but both have restaurants and swimming. Feel free to ask as many questions as you need.

All of Gustavia is within 1/4 to 1/3 mile of Colony Club, and the sunset views from the Colony Club condos should be spectacular. Bonita is just below Colony Club , as is a new late-night club called Sky Bar, and multiple popular restaurants Black Ginger, Orega, Eddy's, L'isola and 25 Quarter. They're all easier to get to than to return from. Colony Club is higher up the hill, and the road down, while short, is a bit steep. Make your footwear choices accordingly. On the upside, walking home from dinner will burn off a few dessert calories, LOL.

There is is at least one couple here who stays at Colony Club annually, and hopefully they will comment too.

Just booked unit D4, super excited as this will be our first vacation here. We visited for the day in February and instantly fell in love with the island. Any info on Colony Club and it's location and good restaurants and bars nearby.

If you guys dont have any knee or hip problems you can walk to anywhere in Gustavia but if do just know its down a very steep hill to town...Also as I recall there are many steps down to the beautiful pool without railings to hold onto...I stayed there many years ago and it was a very nice property...Get ready for squealing scooter engines at all times in early morning

nice property high above gustavia. I am happy I do not own any of that real estate though. they charge the owners 1000 euros a month just to maintain the pool, gardens, etc. highway robbery.......lol. a few of the units have not been updated since the 70's, hopefully the one that you are renting will be.

With what is going on I don't count Shell Beach anymore. I never liked it anyway as a beach.

She asked for restos and bars. Beach was my throw in with my opinion just like someone gives an opinion about a restaurant. She will find out on her own anyway.

You'll love it. Walking distance to everything in Gustavia, use the steps past Bonito to go down and up the hill. Lots of restaurants, including Choisy bakery for breakfast close by. I love Shell Beach, which is walking distance for you too. By staying there, you're central to everything in St Barts. When you get there, pick up a Tables book...free at the airport...and you can decide from the many restaurants on the island. You can walk to casual (Le Select, Creperie), fancy (L'Isola, Bonito, Ortega), and in between (Pipiri Palace, Repaire). Many others too, just listed some of our favorites. Baz bar is a nice place for a drink and live music. Have fun!

Dan and I have stayed in two different units for the past several years. It's was fine for us (we can still walk up the steep hill even after a few cocktails.) The views are nice, located close to so many fine restaurants, well maintained. you should enjoy it. Let me know if you have specific questions.

Thanks everyone! Super helpful! So glad I found this website. Thrilled that we are so close to Bonito. That was on the top of my list of restaurants to visit.

Have stayed at CC, the walk back up the hill is a killer. It has to be a 60 degree slope

Though some on this forum will disagree, Sellona on Shell Beach is a great lunch spot! AND - very walkable from the Colony Club.

Enjoy..

Have stayed at CC, the walk back up the hill is a killer. It has to be a 60 degree slope

Just past Bonito...literally just a few feet...take a left and there are stairs that go behind the next building and then (right) to the road below. You come out by Black Ginger. We stay at a villa next to the Carl Gustaf which is higher up the hill than Colony Club; the walk down to Gustavia is challenging, but we like it. The steps save your knees on that hill.

Is it as bad as a San Francisco hill? I knew going in it was a big one but I'm under the impression its short?