Colony Club

Is it as bad as a San Francisco hill? I knew going in it was a big one but I'm under the impression its short?

Not a big hill, just steep. And you have about 2 inches of space between you and the cars coming down the hill. When you walk in the direction of Shell Beach, there are sidewalks. Also sidewalks throughout Gustavia. It's not a bad walk, but the steps make it safer and easier down into town.

I am surprised no one has mentioned Santa Fe! In our opinion, that is a must for lunch because of the view and food! They have great fresh spiny grilled lobster and very good gazpacho with seared prawns and mango. Don't miss the desserts there as well. Ask for a table with a good view.

Sante Fe is a great spot but one would be might hungry, sweaty and thirsty if you walked there from colony Club. I've have seen people walking up that road from Gustavia to Lurin and they're getting quite a workout.

The road is as steep as anything in San Francisco but it's short.

very nice when flats are renovated.
Old ones are just...very very old,sadly.
Great location.Bonito,Isola,Shellona,Orega and others..walking distance
Have fun

view from CC D4.jpg

We've stayed at Colony Club several times. It's a great location if you want to be in Gustavia. We stayed in D4 in 2016. It's fine for a couple. This is the view of the harbor which is beautiful day and night. I understand D4 has been remodeled since we were there. The new owner replaced a deck full of beautiful flowering plants with a more open deck that gives you a better view of the harbor. Don't worry about the hill climb. There are steps from the pool down to the street behind the church. But the little climb on the street is worth it to get quickly to Choisy for pastries before the rush. Just don't attempt it in flip-flops. You won't be bothered by street noise in that unit as there is another one between you and the street. You will get the sounds of Gustavia including the rooster that lives below you waking you up in the morning and the bands from some of the bars in the evenings.

Thanks for the info RichandSue. The view looks great. I noticed some of the pics looked different especially the deck. We can't wait til February! Do you usually get beach chairs with rentals? We usually stay in St John and we always get them with the rental.

We have walked up to Santa Fe from Gustavia- yes it is quite a hill but the views are even better from your feet than from the car! Just depends if you like a little workout before you dine. Can stop at the gym on the way up or down.

Thanks for the info RichandSue. The view looks great. I noticed some of the pics looked different especially the deck. We can't wait til February! Do you usually get beach chairs with rentals? We usually stay in St John and we always get them with the rental.

D4 used to have beach chairs and umbrellas to use. You should ask if they are still in the pantry.

Does anyone have any info as to how Colony Club held up? We are not going to February and still definately plan on going. We want to support the economy!!! Just wondering if I should start considering other locations as I know it's high season. I feel that it's too soon to contact Remax (who we rented through). Just wondering if anyone could shed any light.

Hi All

We are considering an apartment at Colony Club (E2) popped up for a week in February 2022. So, I searched the archives and came across this thread.
Any comments on E2?
Any updated general comments?

Do many people use the pool?

Thanks

It seems that it is mostly occupied by locals that work in shops in town, so it is a very quiet spot. At least that was my impression since I saw them return home after work.
It is very nice, but I mostly remember how scalding hot the balcony was late afternoon. But it may have been summer.

Does anyone have any info as to how Colony Club held up? We are not going to February and still definately plan on going. We want to support the economy!!! Just wondering if I should start considering other locations as I know it's high season. I feel that it's too soon to contact Remax (who we rented through). Just wondering if anyone could shed any light.

I have a number of friends who stay in units at the Colony Club, year after year. They say the units &, more generally, the property are in very good condition. They also love the proximity to Gustavia and its restaurants.

Thanks for the quick replies.

It is just my wife and I and we only need 1 bedroom for a week in February and would like to keep it under 4K (which is a challenge).
We have been coming to the island since 2007 so we know our way around the island.

If anyone has another suggestion, please feel free to jump in.

Thanks for the quick replies.

It is just my wife and I and we only need 1 bedroom for a week in February and would like to keep it under 4K (which is a challenge).
We have been coming to the island since 2007 so we know our way around the island.

If anyone has another suggestion, please feel free to jump in.

Nothing beats Les Ilets