Thread: Villa Info ...

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2003 Northern Virginia Posts: 1,424

Villa Info ...

We are going to St. Barths with our "kids" at the end of July. Considering five different villas - three of them we are familiar with. Our daughter has found several others .. Le Refuge in Lorient and Arc en Ciel in Quartier du Roi. Talk about polar opposites! The Arc en Ciel is really a departure from the "typical" villa.

Has anyone stayed in either of these? Appreciate any info!
    Libby

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2015 Martinsville, NJ Posts: 774

Re: Villa Info ...

Hi Libby - We've stayed at Arc en Ciel. It's a sprawling, very unique estate and perfect for a family. It's off the beaten track in Anse des Lezard and the views are beautiful. The villa itself is very colorful as you can tell by its name, and the decor is done in an "Aztec" style for lack of a better word. Each bedroom has a shower built into a stone replica of a big Mayan head...very cool. It's very comfortable and I'm certain your family would enjoy a stay there. I'm sorry I don't have any pictures to post for you but the photos online are accurate. Happy villa shopping!

Gayle

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2003 Northern Virginia Posts: 1,424

Thanks Gayle! It is definitely a "unique estate". I am concerned as it doesn't have the typical sliding glass doors -
    would it be stuffy inside? We've stayed in that general area - good location. Can you really walk down to a little beach? Saw some reference to that but it was touted so I wondered.
    Libby

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2015 Martinsville, NJ Posts: 774

Hi Libby - no, it doesn't have the typical sliding glass doors bit it is lovely. If memory serves me correctly the collapse living space (sunken living room and kitchen) are air conditioned. I don't believe you have access to the beach; it's quite rocky there and is not conducive to swimming in my opinion. Hope that helps...anymore questions please let me know!

Gaylw