Trip Report- 2/20-3/3/17- Part 2

andynap

Senior Insider
3/2- I had asked Diana to arrange a lunch at Au Regal with some onliners but when we got there the restaurant arranged the tables on the 3rd floor and there was no way Phyl could get up there or down there from the upper parking lot so we ended up at Les Bananiers where I had the best lunch of the trip- Tuna Tartare topped with avocado and Phyl had the arugula salad and burrata.
FullSizeRender 4.jpg
FullSizeRender 5.jpg

Dinner was at Cote Port- a nice inside table and shrimp for Phyl and Curried Salmon for me. Very nice.
FullSizeRender 6.jpg

Coming home, Vincent from PIV came to the villa took our bags and passports and was waiting at the airport with tickets in hand and checked in. On SBCommuter, the personnel didn't wait for Phyl to climb the steps- they lifted her, chair and all, into the plane. Rinaldo met us in SXM at the Transfer Info Desk, took our luggage tags and checked us thru to AA without going thru immigration- just the small security area next to the Desk. The ride home was perfect. Max was waiting the next day impatiently at the Vet for his release from jail.

I tried to make reservations at Santa Fe but they were closed on Wednesday and we never made it. Never got to L'Esprit which I like but Phyl doesn't like the attitude of the waiters.
I think I went to some store at least 3 times a day.

A side note- I said goodbye to our rental Villa because it's just too small for Phyllis to move around. I did, however, get a villa down the beach for next year so St. Jean is still my place for a little while.
IMG_0307.JPG

All in all a very nice trip seeing old faces and some new and leaving all that trepidation behind.

And again nicely done. With careful planning, and the help of a few friends, many things are possible. I'm pleased to hear that SBH is still a workable destination for you, and that you'll be returning next year.

I enjoyed reading your recap and your pictures were terrific. So glad to meet up with you and Phyllis in person and share your joy in being back on island. Ahh, St Barths.

Agreed . . . great photos and story, with a happy ending! Very glad that you and Phyllis were able to navigate the issues that present themselves in handicapped travels. Smiling faces say a lot!

Santa Fe will be waiting for you next year and maybe the L'Espirit staff will have better attitudes by then. Safe travels!

Enjoyed reading your trip report. Your photos are great! Sounds like it was a wonderful trip.

I also want to add that I am delighted to hear you will be back next year. That tells us all we need to know!!