Busy Morning

KevinS

Senior Insider
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Up at 6:00, out the door at 7:00. Lots of errands to do. Some are in Gustavia, so I want to be done before the parade of Mom Taxis taking the kids to school blocks traffic. There are plenty of parking spaces at this time of day.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]First stop is the gas station. I like to keep the tank half full, just in case - it's rare to have a fuel shortage on the island, but it happens. The station isn't open yet, but a chip-and-pin card gives you 24x7 access to fuel.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Next it's off BNP Paribas to replenish my Euro pocket. Passing through La Tourment, there's someone working in a manhole in the roadway, right at the roundabout - not a job that I would want to do. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Continuing down into Public, I see the yacht Azteca moored off of the commercial port. There's an inflatable slide on one side, and watercraft on the other side. Someone's planning a fun day, but that's not the word that comes to mind for me.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Driving through town, I see that the big yachts are returning to the quay now that Les Voiles has finished. I also see that Rue de la Suède is closed between Rue Du Roi Oscar II and Rue de la République. That's going to make things interesting in town.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]There's plenty of parking in front of the bank, and I'm parked, in, out, and on my way in under two minutes.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Next stop is Ocean Must. I need to rent a Contender 32 for an outing to Colombier next week. The weather forecast for next week looks a bit iffy rain-wise, but if you dig a little deeper there are a few promising days, and who around here believes anyone but windguru anyway? Having had a look at the blank pages in Ocean Must's reservation book, I don't think there will be a problem changing days if the rains do come.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]As long as I'm in the 'hood, literally parked across the street, I stop at Segeco for water and a few other items. There are no VC Arrow tins in sight.

Passing by the airport, I see two Tradewind Pilatus (Pilati??) waiting to load up, and two more parked. It looks like they'll be having a busy morning too.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]I planned to stop at Marché U for a few forgotten items - Crème Légère, some cheese for omelettes, and a handful of other things. They're not open yet, and there's a line outside, so I keep going.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]I do better at the Airport Superette, which is open. 20 Euros later, I'm back in the car, and back to the villa by 8:15.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Now it's time for breakfast of quiche, clementines, yogurt, and of course Mimosas. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]There are still a lot of chilled VC bottles in the fridge, and three more in reserve. I'm going to have to ramp up the champagne consumption or there are going to be leftovers... It's a good thing that help is on the way.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]And that's a busy morning. Chores are out of the way, I'm fed and watered, the sun is shining, and I have the whole day still ahead of me. I'm think Moules et Frites for lunch. I wonder if Santa Fé is still serving them on Thursdays? I guess I'll go and find out...[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

Ahhh, it's good to be Kevikins. I can feel your bliss all the way here in Austin, Texas. Bonne journee, mes amis.

Last edited:
Missy....mes amis, mon ami :D

Kevin, MOST excellent. You making me want to tune in to hear about your island adventures. Enjoy!

Santa Fe was indeed doing mussels-make a res as it is quite popular if Air France delivers them. It is a new chef with a new version, but cars would park right down to our driveway entrance so they are doing something right! ENJOY!

You get a lot done early in the morning. Isn't life good, knowing your cheese, eggs and VC are waiting for you in the fridge, looking out at a beautiful view! Please give us a report on your Contender cruise! Bon Voyage!

Always wise to check! I guess you will be there tomorrow. Check out the giraffe family.

No worries. I had Mahi #3 instead, a nicely cooked piece of fish. I'm thinking La Gloriette or Le a Repaire tomorrow for lunch, and Orega for dinner, so Friday Moules are unlikely. I may not get to the moules on this trip. 1st world problems.

No worries. I had Mahi #3 instead, a nicely cooked piece of fish. I'm thinking La Gloriette or Le a Repaire tomorrow for lunch, and Orega for dinner, so Friday Moules are unlikely. I may not get to the moules on this trip. 1st world problems.

According to their FB page, Bananiers will have them on Saturday, April 22.