Bee Gees tribute

Yeah I'm watching it now ...had to watch Wicked Tuna first ....

very good....loved John Legend and Stevie Wonder

It was great...Bee Gees were so amazing...Andy, your girl, kathryn McPhee sang...I immediately thought of you

It was great...Bee Gees were so amazing...Andy, your girl, kathryn McPhee sang...I immediately thought of you

You have a good memory Beverly. Kat is on a weekly series too. And whatever became of that old guy who won American Idol when she came in second?

And whatever became of that old guy who won American Idol when she came in second?

That was Taylor Hicks, Andy...season 5 winner of Idol. Haven't seen him mentioned anywhere for a long time. Kat McPhee should've won that season. And, love the Bee Gees...brings back so many memories hearing their music. Sad that most of them have passed on.

My Australian friend Murray used to see them in clubs in Melbourne before they hit the big time. He was convinced they'd never make it. I remind him every time they come on the radio.

I will never forget watching Travolta walk the streets of Brooklyn and hearing Staying Alive-Hollywood goofed in not making that the academy award winning musical score.

What a shame. Does anyone recall what won it that year?

I remember being thrilled when SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER was the album of the year.

Star Wars is special too.

Whenever I went to Brooklyn to visit family my cousins took me to Club 2001 which is the Club the movie was filmed in

Barry Gibb sang Happy Birthday to me, acapella, in the Halcyon bar of the (then) Rihga Royal hotel (now The London NYC) in 1994. Maurice and Robin were with him and, while they wished me happy birthday and presented me with kisses and hugs, they didn't sing. A night I won't soon forget.

Missy, that is such a special memory...amazing. I seem to remember dancing many weekends under a disco ball back in 1977 to all the BeeGee songs.
Andy, Taylor Hicks was the winner that year and although he hasn't done much musically, I read somewhere he has had good financial success in other endeavors. BTW, Kathryn's voice wasn't what I remember, but she is beautiful.

Kat won me over when she sang Over the Rainbow a cappella sitting on the edge of the stage. She wan't hard to look at either. It has been many years ago so her voice has mellowed.