AA cancels JFK-SJU non-stops

Could be just a seasonal thing . . . they also used to suspend daily non-stops from JFK to SXM in the "low season."

The article says that they have ended the service permently. They have also cut back JFK/SXM to weekends only in the winter, with no non-stops the rest of the year. We have been using Delta more and more, and their fares are quite reasonable, and service is comparable to AA. Of course, this comes after we have accumulated a ton of AA miles.

Phil

From here (Sarasota) Delta is double American's price to SJU....and I have millions of miles on Delta....but I refuse to use twice the amount that it takes for American.

. . . missed the full impact of AA's announcement, Phil -- so used to seeing their seasonal cut-backs, I didn't absorb the change as a permanent one.

On a recent transit through SJU, I took a wrong turn in moving from one flight to another & found myself in the old AA terminal (Concourse "D," I think) . . . apart from one bar ("Air Margaritaville," forlornly open without a single customer), there wasn't a ghost of the throngs that used to jostle through the place. I think SJU is seriously suffering from being de-hub'd by AA . . . apparently permanently.

I lost SJU as an AA hub years ago, when they dropped BOS-SJU. My coast-to-coast travel has also suffered from schedule changes. I've clung on, but that will end as soon as my need for BOS-SFO travel goes away in about a year. BOS-SJU on B6 (JetBlue) may hold me for a bit, especially if Mint is a reasonable price, but my preferred airport will be changing to CLT in a few years. At that point, with a daily non-stop to SXM, I'll have to reassess my use of TJ (Tradewind).

Even though they may have said permanent, it would not surprise us if the direct flight reappears in high season- we will see.

We are booked on AA, non-stop, JFK to SXM next year. Several years ago our non-stop was changed to a one-stop. AA gave us a full refund but we did spend more when we switched to United.

We are booked on AA, non-stop, JFK to SXM next year. Several years ago our non-stop was changed to a one-stop. AA gave us a full refund but we did spend more when we switched to United.

We are booked AA nonstop PHL/SXM next February. Why you go to NY?

We are booked AA nonstop PHL/SXM next February. Why you go to NY?

If we use PHL, EWR or JFK we spend the night before our flight at a hotel near the airport. The tickets from JFK were $1,200 cheaper for the two of us than PHL. Now I just hope they don't change the flight from a non-stop to a one-stop.

I'm looking at booking through Charlotte from the West Coast on AA. Pretty easy airport. Can still get a great direct through Jet blue to JFK... As long as that is there I am good.