St. Barth's Best of 2017

Welcome to the Forum, Monte. Great seeing you here . . . missing, however,our annual visit at The Normandie!

A couple of thoughts on your very nice article:

" . . . zealously guarded by a building code . . .." Ummmm . . . not exactly.

"
La Gloriette’s only failure is that it’s no longer open at night." Definitely IS open at night, with limited menu (pizza, salads, hamburgers, desserts, & great drinks!). A very popular evening "favorite."

Thanks for sharing your trip!

Merci for your post. I enjoyed your descriptive writing style. I couldn't agree more about your dining reviews. Bonito does indeed have spectacular food with a view and service to match. Our Bonito dining experience was so memorable on our second to last night that we went back and ate at the bar for our last meal. We also double-dipped at Orega and Eddy's. Greg Ortega is the consummate host. The Orega roll, the duck confit, the yuzu meringue tart and a hug and a kiss goodbye from Greg...heaven! We also enjoyed dinner at Tamarin - one of the most splendid settings on the island - and L'Isola - one of the island's best kitchens.

In addition to CEC1's thoughts on your lovely article... I think your photo of La Gloriette is actually O'Corail, the restaurant next door. And I am not-so-sure that Eddy is in his eighties, perhaps late 50s, maybe 60ish?

Looking forward to next year's post! Sante'.

How great of you to take the time to write. Well, about that height restriction.... the gaping hole next to the petanque field has now been filled and that may rise above three storied but please, where is there aanything approaching 3 stories? I do regret not knowing about Gloriette and will look into and change that. Thank you!

Thanks for posting your report, Monte. You certainly covered the restaurant highlights. Next year you might want to add Choisy to your list--IMHO it is worthy of mention and gives Columbe real competition.

Unfortunately we agree on Aux Amis. Villa Marie is a wonderful experience in both food and ambiance as you stated. Orega is one of the best and yes the duck is outstanding! We like both Le Toiny and Guanahani- L'Indigo at lunch on the beach also.

We didn't get Champagne last year from Wimco!

Guess they get a 2nd chance, arriving tomorrow, used them again because their service was amazing.

Where is "Meat my Fish"? Always try to cook half the time.

So excited about starting our vacation tomorrow in St Barts, this article, very nice by the way, stoked my excitement more!

We didn't get Champagne last year from Wimco!

Guess they get a 2nd chance, arriving tomorrow, used them again because their service was amazing.

Where is "Meat my Fish"? Always try to cook half the time.

So excited about starting our vacation tomorrow in St Barts, this article, very nice by the way, stoked my excitement more!
Meat my Fish, if it's still there, is on the main road near the Vitet turnoff.

Meat My Fish only opened at the end of November, so it's likely still there. At the top of the Camaruche hill, keep,left towards apt Milou and Marigot, and it's on the right.

Boucherie Ché Yo' is the other butcher on the island. You will find them in Les Mangliers, the commercial complex that's about 1/4 mile behind the airport gas station.