Any major construction in Pointe Milou?

krand1

SBH Insider
Hi, we are about to pull the trigger on a villa in Pointe Milou for next March and am wondering about any construction in the area at the very tip on the left side (facing airport, etc...) Any info would be appreciated.

Ron, you are so right. Figure that something is going on everywhere. Then be surprised when there is no noise.

Wow..so that's what its come to?......figure on noise and be happy if their isn't?

Unreal.....there are no words ....:nightmare:

but I see your point and agree as I saw construction everywhere in November .....

we will be hunkered down in April cause I know there is no construction going on where we will be ...thank God

There are still areas where there is no construction- St Jean for instance except there is one big plot I'm wondering about. It's between Camp David and Nikki.
FullSizeRender 6.jpg
FullSizeRender 8.jpg

We stayed at the small beach house on that property a few weeks ago. I was told that that land is not for sale and that recently a Russian woman offered 40MM Euro for it and was turned down. Frankly, that seems like a lowball offer!

We always stay in Pre. Milou every year. As far as we can tell, the major construction projects we have observed over the past several years are completed. There is one near the big boulder but the big noise there is done- they are just working on the interior finishing and it is quiet, There is always the noise of leaf blowers, airplanes flying over etc. but we believe you will be safe from the noise of daily construction where you are thinking of staying.

There is always something going on somewhere on the island at any time. Progress. Bye the way- What is the situation down on Grand Fond with the road widening construction. It was very difficult to traverse a while back, especially when two way was needed?

We went ahead and booked our villa. Of course I know that you can't predict construction. That being said, I am very familiar with the nature of construction and I know that if there is construction happening NOW, there might very well be construction a year form now. It goes slow. That's why I asked the question. We have stayed on Pointe Milou many times but not in the last few years so I wanted to put out feelers as to what is going on now. In my research, I have discovered that there are plans for a villa in that area to be renovated/redone so if they got their permit, work is supposed to commence this Spring. However, we decided to go ahead with our villa rental because of the way our villa is situated (right over ocean) and is not really close enough to be disturbed.