SHELLONA

didier

Senior Insider
I went there yesterday and love this place! service was great. I ordered the chicken burger,it comes with fries. dda ordered the regular burger. The chicken was good, but half way through eating, I noticed the chicken was still pink in the middle. I called over the waitress and showed her the chicken, she immediately said, please can I get you another one, I am very sorry. I said no because just seeing the chicken raw upset my stomach. she whisked the plate away,but left me the french fries.

later we ordered a cappacino, very good by the way.

when she brought us the check, the chicken burger was removed from the bill, I had not asked her to do this, so great customer service.

this place is a keeper! I left a five euros tip.. total price for two which also included a large bottle of sparkling water and two beers including the tip was 62 euros.

of course if the chicken burger had been included, add another 30 euros.

great ambiance and then we went swimming for the afternoon. I see the tables on the beach have been removed.

What's the story with the loungers? After lunch did you just sit on towels? I see them in the photos but never see anyone on them

the loungers are rented out eve, a few of them were being occupied when we went for a swim. and of course we brought towels! we always go over next to the large rocks, a little shade there. we like to rough it! although if you eat at le barthelemy, I think you can use their pool too, so thats a good thing.

Two burgers, two beers, and a bottle of water....92 euros :mad:!!!!! You had a room for the night for the price :wink2:???? Honestly, I know SBH is expensive, but I read this amount of money for this.....it's a different planet......I didn't said fraud but......I hope french fries were OK:angel1:!!

A comment from a local- "Shellona is making more money with higher prices but maybe fewer customers." We see mixed reviews on the Forum in contrast to other great places to dine. The undercooked poultry is not good.

A comment from a local- "Shellona is making more money with higher prices but maybe fewer customers." We see mixed reviews on the Forum in contrast to other great places to dine. The undercooked poultry is not good.

Poultry and pork are routinely overcooked. Now, ground poultry is another matter.

I didn't notice fewer customers - we asked about a table at lunchtime one day and were told we could get one in one and a half hours at 2:30 - so we just got it to go and ate at the beach.