On The Reef IV - Sunday 05 March 2017 With Embedded Photos!

Jim Kelly-Evans

Senior Insider
Sunday morning 05 March we dove Baleine de Pain de Sucre. My maximum depth was 74 feet and the dive duration was 37 minutes. The three photos of the Peacock Flounder are all the same fish taken a few seconds apart, truly the Chameleon of the reef!

P1170292 (2).jpg

P1170300 (2).jpg

P1170301 (2).jpg

P1170303 (2).JPG

P1170306 (2).JPG

P1170312 (2).jpg

P1170319 (2).jpg

P1170321 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a very successful dive, Jim. Excellent captures...especially the turtle!!! Just out of curiosity, how much air do you surface with?

Looks like a very successful dive, Jim. Excellent captures...especially the turtle!!! Just out of curiosity, how much air do you surface with?

Missy,

I aim to surface with a quarter tank left and I always plan for a three-minute hang at 15' at the end of a dive. In practice things don't always work out that way but it's rare that I run out of air at the end of a dive. Some divemasters are more conservative than others. I make sure that they know when I start to run low so that there are no surprises.

Missy,

I aim to surface with a quarter tank left and I always plan for a three-minute hang at 15' at the end of a dive. In practice things don't always work out that way but it's rare that I run out of air at the end of a dive. Some divemasters are more conservative than others. I make sure that they know when I start to run low so that there are no surprises.
I'm the same...500psi is a safe best practice! I had to share my 500psi one time in Cozumel and it made for an anxiety-inducing experience. :eek: