Petite Colombe Lorient yikes!

I like your father's character.

On on a funny note, when we were traveling to the island with our kids a few years ago, my daughter had an "emergency" on Lorient Beach. We ended up in the restroom at Jojo and the door swelled shut from the humidity. After beating on it and hurling myself against it many times, we broke free. Beware if you use that one in humid weather. Lol.

I have a question...was the bathroom for the pubic to use or was it simply a bathroom for the people who work there?

there was not a sign outside the bakery. inside, there was a sign on the bathroom door, it was in french in ink pen on a white sheet of paper, it was like a letter, about 6 sentences, all in french, I was in a hurry, and did not stop to read, I did see the word femme, so thought this was telling people that this door was just for the ladies, however I did not stop to actually read it.

I was told by the woman that had yelled at me that the bathroom was for people that bought something. regardless of the discussion with the manager tomorrow, I will not be back to the lorient petite colombe.

Well, from a business owner's perspective......Our bathroom is in the rear of our storeroom, in our offices. If a person is in our store, they are a customer. They may not purchase something at that time, but they sure as hell won't if we run them out for NEEDING to use the restroom. Of course we will let them use it.

we re very lucky in that public restrooms are very very close to our businesses so we can keep our bathroom private ...but of course in an emergency we would offer it .....

love watching the dynamics between some posters...especially the passive aggressive pokes etc....interesting stuff

in another blog I participate in a guy got so annoyed with trollers and annoying people, he found out where a few worked, and started to screen shot their posts they did all day....found out who their boss was and sent the boss a file with all their posts and the time they posted with a note saying " this is what your employee does all day on your dime".....and the annoying people suddenly disappeared from the blog :up::wink2:

On a side note, the manager at Lorient has always been nice to my family. The children are always slow to order, keep adding and adding to the list, LOL. Last year, when the bakery discontinued a particular pastry that one of my children loved, the manager arranged and made it specially for us the next day. Very thoughtful indeed of the manager. Please give her a break, everyone can have a bad day once in a while. Just my 2-cents.

no worries, its hard to find help on the island, the most that will happen is they make her take down the sign.

I always liked her too if we are chatting about the same person. an older lady with light colored hair. I used to eat there every day until about 2 years ago, so she knew who I was. I remember a time when I would walk in there early in the morning and she would have my order ready before I ordered it. btw, not sure she is the manager at lorient, I think she just works there.

Same person, watch it, "an older lady" she is much younger than I, LOL. Just be glad you do not have the same mundane job as she. Kill'em with kindness!!! I can feel your emotion and understand. I am confident you will take the high road as the thoughtful person you are :)

What I do is walk in like I own the place If I get confronted by an employee I reply in Peter Sellers " Italian" No understando and walk out !

I was thrilled when Choisy opened up in Lorient because I always felt very unwanted and slightly abused by the staff every time I went into Petite Colombe. Like they were completely annoyed to be dealing with a non-French speaking person. Maybe they were?!!?

It's really strange that both places are owned by the same person because I always had the opposite experience in Colombier. The staff there is so warm and friendly and downright fun when we're trying to bridge the language gap and figure out what a leek quiche is, for instance.