February 22, 2017, dinner at L'Entracte

phil62

Senior Insider
We went in to Gustavia for dinner last night and hit a place we had not visited in years because it was usually filled with lots of smokers. Phil found a parking spot along the quay and we decided to give it another try. The pizza guy and the pizza oven no longer are there. More tables and sidewalk seating have been added in their place.

They welcomed us even though we had not made a reservation. Tables did have reserved signs, but there was room for two in the back and we settled in.

We shared an order of crispy shrimp Nems-flaky crust, delicious filling and two sauces made this a hit. One was a soya sauce and the other a fabulous sweet and sour sauce with a light chili seasoning'
P1010124.JPG

I had this generous portion of medium rare duck breast topped with chopped romaine and arugula. I chose the mushroom sauce and as the side frites that were crisp and tasty.
P1010126.JPG

At dinner, you could choose one of four sauces and one side dish with each main course.

Phil went with the medium rare filet of beef and also selected the mushroom sauce and frites. Both main courses were delicious and tender. The sauce was light and had nice bits of mushroom in it.
P1010127.JPG

The waitress was super and the host was most considerate in seating us at a table with a fine back support bench and a comfortable chair. The banquettes had ample pillows for comfort too.

I am happy to report that after this latest dining experience, L'Entracte is back in the dining in Gustavia rotation.

Yay! They're eating again! I've missed these reports, my friends. Happy to hear your Gustavia evening provided a prime parking spot and a delicious meal. Those dishes looks fabulous. Thank you for taking us along. Now, I'm going to my notes and removing the strikeout over L'Entracte.

We also just recently enjoyed dinner there, our first time. The duck breast was fabulous, my chicken perfect and our potato gratin also delicious. The wait staff is spot-on - highly efficient and attentive. And yes, there was a ton of cigarette smoke! However, we went with the attitude that "when in Rome"... because we really wanted to dine at a spot full of locals, not tourists. We will definitely return! A great value.

l'Entracte, the smoke is an issue, but best QPR on the island imho. We always have managed to sit near the sidewalk. I imagine the rear is bad for smoke. And, the owner strikes me as a real pro.

I am so glad your experience was a positive one and you will be back. We love L'Entracte and dine there almost each visit. It's one of the places that transports me to continental France.

l'Entracte, the smoke is an issue, but best QPR on the island imho. We always have managed to sit near the sidewalk. I imagine the rear is bad for smoke. And, the owner strikes me as a real pro.
And QPR stands for? (Other than Queen's Park Rangers)

Even though the food and reviews look wonderful, in a small, narrow restaurant, the presence of diners around you smoking makes it a 'no go' for us. Too many other good choices with lots of breezes and without the pollution.

We are fans of l'entracte. I remember being bothered abt smokers years ago but can't seem to recall if that has continued over our most recent visits. I find it to be supported by locals which I gravitate to. sad to hear the pizza guy up front has moved on. Any idea where he's at now? Put an egg on my pizza please!