A MAN CALLED OVE

tim

"Meet Ove. He’s a curmudgeon—the kind of man who points at people he dislikes as if they were burglars caught outside his bedroom window. He has staunch principles, strict routines, and a short fuse. People call him “the bitter neighbor from hell.” But must Ove be bitter just because he doesn’t walk around with a smile plastered to his face all the time?

Behind the cranky exterior there is a story and a sadness. So when one November morning a chatty young couple with two chatty young daughters move in next door and accidentally flatten Ove’s mailbox, it is the lead-in to a comical and heartwarming tale of unkempt cats, unexpected friendship,"

I highly recommend this novel, could hardly put it down.

Wonderful review, Tim. I had the same experience and have given the book to many friends. The young woman neighbor... I'm happy to report that the movie has recently come out and remains true to the book. I was so sorry when both were finished.

A thoroughly engrossing book. I read it a few months ago based on Amy's recommendation...and it was excellent. Thanks for highlighting it, Tim.