Jen & Ben's Christmas/New Year's Trip

stbartslover

Senior Insider
A decade and a half renting our place, I've had lots of cute families & couples, however, some of their trip stories and photos send me really stand out...
Caroline and I met them 5 years ago, a pair new MD's completing residency, transiting Princess Juliana on their honeymoon. Arriving from the West Coast & tired, having issues with bags, Winair (I explained flight times are just "estimates") and the sometimes quirky way we all know things can happen there. I asked if I could help and got them to the right gate on their plane to paradise, they were staying at a hotel and she asked for my card in case they wanted to make a future trip.
This summer I got one of those "I bet you never thought you'd ever hear from me" calls and booked the two holiday weeks---- they were looking forward to a nice break from their demanding professions.
seda 11.JPG
Both former collegiate athletes, they really got into hiking every bit of our island and swimming off all the beaches.
seda 13 (2).JPG
Lounging the natural pools.
seda 14.JPG
They told me how the dined their way across the island...from having beer with locals at Che Rolland down from the villa while they waited for their pizza to fine dining at Eden Roc.
seda 7.JPG
They really seemed to "get" St Barts as my Buddy Dennis Carlton says...sending me a few pics with a few notes about their great time.
As it was arranged, friends joined them at the villa a week in the middle of their trip, they loved showing them the island.
seda 16.JPG
Walking down for afternoon drinks at Cheval Blanc.
seda 6.JPG
For NYE they danced in the street to a great band at BAZ, dined and stayed for fireworks over the harbor.
seda 3.JPG
Lots of chill time for they and their friends who said "we can understand why you wanted to return here"
seda 19.JPG
Along with "romantique" time, too.
seda 17 (2).JPG
Looks like a well deserved time was enjoyed, I especially love this pic of their last afternoon on Flamands Beach.
seda 9 (2).JPG

"

Looks like a memorable trip, full of happy memories. Congratulations to you, Jeff, for being "Godfather" to their wonderful time on SBH!

Nice report for a nice looking couple. Jeff- you could ask Jen and Ben to join the forum and give us their insights as newbies.

What a great story and photos! That was certainly a trip to remember. How nice that your paths crossed and you were able to introduce Ben and Jen to St. Barth. It was destiny!