Francois Plantation

We found the ambiance to be marvelous. The previous dark wood plantation style furniture is being used. The drinks and the side lounge were comfortable and inviting. The staff is very caring and professional. The food and wines are priced on the very high end.

In the future, I would enjoy a revisit for cocktails.

We walked over yesterday to have a look. We were greeted very warmly by every staff member we encountered. Tillie
asked to see a dinner menu and thought the prices were possibly higher than any place on the island! Too many other
places to squeeze in. We may check it out for a late afternoon cocktail.

Forgot to mention it does hold sentimental value as it was where we stayed on our second visit in the early 90's

It was where we had our very first dinner in 1993. We had many great meals and it holds some wonderful memories for us as well.

We had lunch at FP in March. Dan had red snapper and I had pasta with fresh tomato sauce. The lunch menu was limited. My pasta was very good, although Dan found his snapper a bit chewy. I think we would need to have dinner to make a full evaluation. It's a pretty setting.

P1170329.jpg

P1170330.jpg

P1170331.jpg

P1170332.jpg

P1170333.jpg

P1170334.jpg

P1170335.jpg

P1170336.jpg

Great shots of the rooms and decor. Something is definitely off if you can not eat snapper with just a fork..no knife needed. IMHO.

Apart from food (I have not eaten at the "new" FP), I would say that the cherished ambiance & charm, in memories of many, are recaptured with great success. I also have toured a number of the rooms & found them to be spacious & gracious.

Re: the quality of food in the restaurant . . . I wonder if the Hotel's owner is seeking to be any more than a comfortable, convenient venue for "well-heeled" guests, with good (perhaps not great) dining? The prices (as reported by numerous visitors) are unusually high, even by SBH standards, & the location is not convenient (definitely a planned destination venue for people who are not staying there). It doesn't strike me as an outreach formula for building a gourmet dining clientèle.

Something is definitely off if you can not eat snapper with just a fork..no knife needed. IMHO.
i wasn't going to mention this, but since the chewy snapper comment came up (chewy is never an adjective i want to hear in connection with a fish fillet) . . . when i inquired to the restaurant regarding the ouassous on the menu to confirm that it was indeed the article from guadeloupe, i was informed that those were not available at that point in time, so they were sourcing them from thailand or vietnam. i would really expect a serious and expensive restaurant to be flexible and creative enough to adjust its offerings according to seasonal or other availability factors. disappointing.